so what about strobes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone add strobes to their truck/car?

not for running down the road, but I think they look cool, and would be cool to run in some areas that its not gonna attract the fuzz..

I watched the WCC build on the GT Tire Toyota Tundra and when they presented it to him, they had the strobes on, looked like in the corner lights, idk.

Any thoughts?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
flashing blue lights invoke conditioned panic attacks every time i see them. :(

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get them for our work trks
Simple install
If u need more info pm me or something
Welend are the best kits ive used
Recon has some too i just have not tried them yet.

f22 4x4

Reaction score
anyone add strobes to their truck/car?

not for running down the road, but I think they look cool, and would be cool to run in some areas that its not gonna attract the fuzz..

I watched the WCC build on the GT Tire Toyota Tundra and when they presented it to him, they had the strobes on, looked like in the corner lights, idk.

Any thoughts?

Here is what I did and it really is not noticeable unless you turn them on. The spacing in the grill looks factory just be careful with the ones under the tailgate. Clearance is tight.
Strobes are from 911EP | light bars, police lighting, emergency lighting and they are the LEDSTAR lights in Amber. Cost me $20 each. Wired front and back separate to the upfitter 3 and 4 (Low amp) switches since they do not draw much.
Hope this helps.
I can also post pictures of the plexiglass brackets I made for the front grill if anyone is interested.
Good Luck!!

Attachments

• front ambers off.jpg
    front ambers off.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 106
  • front ambers on.jpg
    front ambers on.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 124
  • rear amber location.jpg
    rear amber location.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 106

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptorguy21 had strobes he added inside the factory headlight housing, along with a siren and a PA system mounted behind the grill in his Blue Flame. His crazy ass used to fire them up on one of the major streets here when he was following me. We'd get puzzled looks from people on the streets as the flashers, siren, and loudspeaker were all shouting "pull over" and the white truck responded by throwing the one-fingered salute out the window.

Funny this thread came up now, I work in construction management and one of my bosses was just talking about throwing some strobes on my Rap for the jobsites on the company's nickel.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Bacardi Cola... DO ITTT! I will be doing them when I do my retrofit. Rigid also has a strobe box you can get for the duallies or sections of their light bars.

50287_192996267937_420184_n.jpg

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bacardi Cola... DO ITTT! I will be doing them when I do my retrofit. Rigid also has a strobe box you can get for the duallies or sections of their light bars.

50287_192996267937_420184_n.jpg

Do it.... Do it! Good info Cine... I didn't realize Rigid offered a strobe box... Maybe I'll just get that and hook it up to my D2's

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptorguy21 had strobes he added inside the factory headlight housing, along with a siren and a PA system mounted behind the grill in his Blue Flame. His crazy ass used to fire them up on one of the major streets here when he was following me. We'd get puzzled looks from people on the streets as the flashers, siren, and loudspeaker were all shouting "pull over" and the white truck responded by throwing the one-fingered salute out the window.

Funny this thread came up now, I work in construction management and one of my bosses was just talking about throwing some strobes on my Rap for the jobsites on the company's nickel.

They call us rednecks for acting like that down here, what do they call you? :ROFLJest: What kind of construction are you in? I'm currently building a 76 bed hospital.

OP
OP
HoustonRider

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back on topic, I was thinking of LED strobes, maybe in the headlight/tail light, so they are out of the way and can only be seen when on.

I was thinking one kit/brand stood out, but looks like they kinda run together.

Thanks for the info I'll do some research!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts