Snow tires???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are those duratrac's still all season tires? or are they winter only tires? There is a big difference between just having a tread that will chug through deep snow, and soft rubber that has siping that will perform excently in ice as well.

I run them all year round, they seem to do pretty great in whatever. Now, I'll admit my Ram doesn't see any extreme off-road, so I can't speak to that aspect.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used them all season with no issues.. They are so good in my opinion I have a set ordered for my 2012, which is not supposed to be here for awhile.. They are quieter than mtr's but still self clean. Which is perfect for Missouri clay. Have heard issue with digging in sand, since there is not a lot of sand around here, that's okay.

-Greg

After Greg's reply, spent some time reading about them and from what I can gather the duratracs are "real soft and made for colder climates". Also it seems that they wear pretty fast if used when hot...

They sound like they will work pretty well for winter tires... Just have to figure out size...

It's good to know that they do perform very well in the winter weather, but there is a drastic difference between dedicated snow/ice tires, and tires that perform really well in the snow/ice but aren't dedicated snow/ice tires.

I had a set of studded snow tires on my '94 stealth and they were plain out retarded in snow and nice. I was pushing mounds of snow over the hood in the car around my front yard just amazed at what it would chug through. On my 00 HD I had a set of bridgestone winter duellers and I could go through snow taller than the bumper plowing it out of the way, and up ice packed hills that even 4x4's were sliding backwards down, and my truck was 2wd. A raptor on a set of dedicated snow tires has got to be unreal in the winter weather lol.

I tend to go overboard on many things though (see sig lol), so if I did pickup a spare set of tires for winter months, I would want them to be full blown winter tires, and not all seasons that just perform well in the cold.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's good to know that they do perform very well in the winter weather, but there is a drastic difference between dedicated snow/ice tires, and tires that perform really well in the snow/ice but aren't dedicated snow/ice tires.

I had a set of studded snow tires on my '94 stealth and they were plain out retarded in snow and nice. I was pushing mounds of snow over the hood in the car around my front yard just amazed at what it would chug through. On my 00 HD I had a set of bridgestone winter duellers and I could go through snow taller than the bumper plowing it out of the way, and up ice packed hills that even 4x4's were sliding backwards down, and my truck was 2wd. A raptor on a set of dedicated snow tires has got to be unreal in the winter weather lol.

I tend to go overboard on many things though (see sig lol), so if I did pickup a spare set of tires for winter months, I would want them to be full blown winter tires, and not all seasons that just perform well in the cold.

Think Duratracs are more snow tires than all seasons since they studable from the factory. I think it is only $15 more a tire to ordered them studded..

-Greg

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. Interesting they're studdable but an all terrain.

I LOVED it when I had studs in my stealth just from the reactions of people. They actually are legal here from Nov 15 to April 1st, but they sounded like driving over bubble wrap on dry pavement lol. My studless snow tires on my HD were just as good, but didn't have that same intriguing factor lol.

Studded 35's on a Raptor, holy ******* lol

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We get lots of snow here and I'm still running the stickers they work just fine. Will put duratracs on once I wear them out though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus