Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhanni848

Reaction score
Exact same issue started 3 weeks ago on my 2011 with 145k miles. Runs great other than on or off the brakes at less than 2-5mph. Very annoying for sure. Anyone figure it out or just saying “normal” still?

UPDATE - Mine just put up the check engine with code P0301 (Misfire cylinder 1).

Last edited:

dhanni848

Reaction score
Not much movement in this thread, and I am still dealing with the issue. Truck gets driven maybe 1-2 days a week so hasn't worried me a ton. Have changed plugs, secondary plugs, plug wire, coil pack, switched coil with another cylinder, and fuel injector. All with same issue cylinder 1 misfire, mpg has gone up a good bit though!

Dropped it off with a shop finally today, only other thing that isn't super bad news is a broken valve spring. Seems more common that what we might think on these. Will see what the shop says when the break into it.

dhanni848

Reaction score
Not much movement in this thread, and I am still dealing with the issue. Truck gets driven maybe 1-2 days a week so hasn't worried me a ton. Have changed plugs, secondary plugs, plug wire, coil pack, switched coil with another cylinder, and fuel injector. All with same issue cylinder 1 misfire, mpg has gone up a good bit though!

Dropped it off with a shop finally today, only other thing that isn't super bad news is a broken valve spring. Seems more common that what we might think on these. Will see what the shop says when the break into it.
Anddddd report back is very pitted camshaft.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Wish that's all it was!
You coming to our Raptor Meet-up on June 8 just south of Liepers Fork?

There will be plenty of Raptors. Maybe someone could switch with you or ride with you a few miles and give you a diagnostic opinion. @Gumby has his Forscan computer with him and a bunch of us have OBD II readers. Someone should be able to figure out your issue.

I was just having an issue with my Raaptor that the cause is 180-degrees opposite of what any normal person would have guessed. Got that solved.