SIRIUS Subscription

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
To anyone that has travellink, does your system take 2-3 minutes to pull up the weather or fuel info? Mine just seem to take a long time. I only have the basic travellink, does anyone see a difference in the 5.99 or 8.99 plans that include the navigation traffic and navigation weather?

Dave.

Yeah I have a delay. It can take over 5 minutes to pull the weather radar map up. I don't get local coverage in Canada (limited) but I can still see the way the High's and Low's are moving.

But IMO the traffic function is awesome and has helped save me time getting places.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Traffic seems to be instant and accurate - green yellow red - and construction.
Which is good, because in Calgary we have two seasons... Winter and construction...

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait until the TravelLink part of the Nav expires. It's a few hundred $$$ to renew it. It's cool for weather radar, but that's about it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 ( and you don't have one)

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HoustonRider said:
Wait until the TravelLink part of the Nav expires. It's a few hundred $$$ to renew it. It's cool for weather radar, but that's about it.

Travellink a few hundred dollars to renew?? It's $3 a month, what are you paying for?

Dave.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dkyacht said:
Travellink a few hundred dollars to renew?? It's $3 a month, what are you paying for?

Dave.

That's a good question. I asked em the same thing when my complimentary subscription was up. I renewed the radio side, but it was crazy high to renew travel link ( or so he told me) so I passed. Lol. Seriously.

Idk, maybe the conversion rate from India threw him off and he mis-quoted me. Guess they should have been more clear. Idk.

So it's $36/year for travel link? I'll need to look again when I need to renew in 6 mos.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
My travellink was only $20 a year... Did I not get the traffic? I would have gotten it if they had asked. All my weather/gas etc works fine. I haven't checked the traffic though.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good question. I asked em the same thing when my complimentary subscription was up. I renewed the radio side, but it was crazy high to renew travel link ( or so he told me) so I passed. Lol. Seriously.

Idk, maybe the conversion rate from India threw him off and he mis-quoted me. Guess they should have been more clear. Idk.

So it's $36/year for travel link? I'll need to look again when I need to renew in 6 mos.

India conversion rate rotfl!! Good one and yes maybe that was problem. I was told by a supervisor at Sirius that you can not have travellink without a Sirius radio subscription. He didn't just answer my quickly, he actually put me on hold and confirmed that??

Dave