Sdhq ford raptor rear frame reinforcement kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NTXrptr

Reaction score
Received my kit this week. Was impressed with the customer service SDHQ provided, i.e. Jason. Looking forward to getting this installed...

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed mine the other day on my 2013. Did it myself, as it looked to be fairly straight forward. The passenger side went it real quick, not problems at all. The drivers side was a little bit more of an issue. I had to unsnap a brake line holder and carefully move them out of the way, also there is a giant coffin size fuel tank that reduces access to that side. In the end I got it installed but had to get some help holding the bracket in place while we tightened it all down.

It probably took me an hour total to do the work, but a proper wrench head could do it in 20 minutes.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Received my kit this week. Was impressed with the customer service SDHQ provided, i.e. Jason. Looking forward to getting this installed...

Thanks for the shout out! Im glad you had a good experience with us.

Installed mine the other day on my 2013. Did it myself, as it looked to be fairly straight forward. The passenger side went it real quick, not problems at all. The drivers side was a little bit more of an issue. I had to unsnap a brake line holder and carefully move them out of the way, also there is a giant coffin size fuel tank that reduces access to that side. In the end I got it installed but had to get some help holding the bracket in place while we tightened it all down.

It probably took me an hour total to do the work, but a proper wrench head could do it in 20 minutes.

The gas tank is definitely a pain to work around... But good to hear you got it all installed though!

russm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed mine yesterday.

Other than dropping the oval and the parallelogram into the frame on the driver's side and spending 30 minutes cussing myself and fishing them out :Stupid Me:, I did not have too difficult of a time.

Thanks Jason...

Russ Out

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my SDHQ fram support last week and installed yesturday.

Great kit, Rock solid hardware and an easy install (Thanks to reading how to thread before hand).

Thanks SDHQ for a great kit/buy and those SDHQ stickers you included are Sweet! :cheers:

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Just received mine, 48 hours after ordering, ground shipping. Very impressed by that!

Install was no big deal, made much easier by temporarily unbolting that brake "bus" from the driver-side frame rail. It's just one 10mm bolt, and removes of any worries of ******** things up.

I believe I understand the idea of the bar (moreso now that I see it also makes contact with the frame directly above the bumpstop), and of course filling the hole. I was curious if the parallelogram piece behind the hole had any structural contribution though, i.e. by being in contact with the top/bottom of the frame? Seems like they'd just rotate out of the way if a load were applied, so I assume their only real job is just to secure the hole-filler in place. I'm not a mechanical/structural engineer though.

In any case, thank you again for the incredibly quick service and innovative solution.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just received mine, 48 hours after ordering, ground shipping. Very impressed by that!

Install was no big deal, made much easier by temporarily unbolting that brake "bus" from the driver-side frame rail. It's just one 10mm bolt, and removes of any worries of ******** things up.

I believe I understand the idea of the bar (moreso now that I see it also makes contact with the frame directly above the bumpstop), and of course filling the hole. I was curious if the parallelogram piece behind the hole had any structural contribution though, i.e. by being in contact with the top/bottom of the frame? Seems like they'd just rotate out of the way if a load were applied, so I assume their only real job is just to secure the hole-filler in place. I'm not a mechanical/structural engineer though.

In any case, thank you again for the incredibly quick service and innovative solution.

I figure I might post up a little information also about how the kit works.

When looking at the outside of the frame, right above the factory bump stop you will see the part that is formed outward toward the tire. When looking at the inside of the frame, the large open oval is visible. Both of these are the factory crumple zones.

As the axle is bumped out against the frame it wants to make the frame bend or twist inward. Once this is done the energy is transferred through to the center section of the frame where the oval is. This results in the bottom part of the frame crushing in toward the top of the frame.

What our kit does is prevent either of these from happening. The large flat piece that attaches to the inner part of the outer frame rail prevents the initial inward bend by nearly tripling the amount of area where the bump force can be applied. The inner plates do a couple different things structurally. The parallelogram provides a way to bolt the oval cover plate to the inner part of the frame rail. But, it also provides structural support by spanning the height of the frame and preventing the upward crush I had mentioned earlier. The outer oval plate provides a nice cover plate for the large hole in the frame. It also acts as a secondary defense for the inner frame rail by further reinforcing the frame.