SCrew 6.2 Towing Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
very happy with my screw towing my crawler, @6500lbs,

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
My truck has easily had a trailer behind it for 25% of it's 3000 miles. I usually tow around 5500 to 6000 pounds and it handles it with ease.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I reset that before I left too so I would know. 12.2mpg :birgits_tiredcoffee Better MPG than my F350!

12.2? SWEET! That means I should go hook my trailer up right now so I will get better milage! HAhahaaaaaa.

That is great for real. In my FX4 5.4 pulling a 5 x 13 single axle trailer which weighs about 1200 lbs empty and with 1500 lbs of bikes I would get 9-10 mpg. Got 12 once.

So I can expect my little **** ant trailer to pull JUST FINE if I ever get the chance.......

BDRAG

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great post my favorite kind towing with a truck in real world conditions. Thanks for sharing your report :cool:

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have pulled every kind of trailer, with every kind and size of truck. I could not believe how good the Raptor rides and handles towing!! I towed a near 8000-lb trailer behind a 2010 Raptor for 900 + miles, and it was the easiest trip I have ever made in a 1/2 ton truck towing, avg'ed about 12 mpg .........

5-sany1399.jpg

randy

badf250

Reaction score
Very happy to hear how well the Raptor can tow. Can't wait for the weather to warm up around here so i can hook up the boat and hit the lake!

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I towed from vegas to missouri. Trailer loaded just over 6000lbs with metal, a polaris ranger, a quad, and a ton of extra crap. It was a flatbed which may have helped because my 5.4 did, well theres no other word for it. Amazing. I averaged over 13mpg doing an average of 70. I didn't have a sway/load level bar or anything either. With tow/haul being computerized instead of an overdrive lock out, the truck does great with hills up and down. Power was always available.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Did you end up buying 10 UTVs?? That trailer is huge! Anyone notice you get 5 blinks instead of 3 when you have a trailer connected? Neat little feature... The jury is still out on these airbags that aren't designed specifically for out trucks... As of right now I can't wait to get them off. I have some fine tuning to do on the hardware setup (bigger bags) and I'm waiting on a compressor so they were pretty much empty with this load. It was a bit last minute so I was stuck using a riser hitch when I really needed a drop, plus there is still 450+lbs of payload in the bed. All things considered she did great. I have no idea the stats on the trailer but its nothing too heavy or big. I'm actually hoping to purchase it from a buddy for work since he has out grown it.

i-kJjrWWZ-M.jpg