SCab vs. SCrew backseat comparisons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a SCrew for several reasons..

1) I sat in one at the dealership and holy cow, was it BIG in there! I put the driver's seat all the way back and leaned it back quite a bit and my 6' body fit in the back nicely.

2) I have a wife, two kids and two dogs who will be riding with me at various times and while the SCab would work, the SCrew works SO much better for my family.

3) The extra towing capacity.

4) The larger gas tank.

This being said I like the look of both models and have been fixated on getting this truck since the first year when it was only the SCab but once they came out with the SCrew, it was a given.

I'd like to see the pics as well jsut because I like looking at pics of Raptors.. lol

~BGM

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just go to a Ford dealer and see if the have an scab and an screw, the normal F-150 is the same regardless of if its a raptor or not.

Get real life, in person comparisons....just my 2 cents. And my other 2 cents, I love my Screw and have zero regrets.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get pics of my SCab posted when my wife is free and it is daytime.

I prefer the shorter 133" wheelbase, but the back seat in the SCrew I test drove was HUUUGE when compared to my 03 SCrew.

But my oldest son is in a front facing seat now and my daughter has around a year before she also is front facing (taking up less room) and for me the SCab looked better.
So one year left and then the truck will be the perfect 'family' truck, LOL.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude, you're ....22? Do you want the chicks to see the sports "I'm single" truck or the "4 door grocery getter".

OP
OP
HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
knine said:
Dude, you're ....22? Do you want the chicks to see the sports "I'm single" truck or the "4 door grocery getter".

Haha well that's not gonna matter much cuz im already taken!!

Reptar & Big Green have very similar thoughts of mine. Good written examples btw...

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
here are some Scab pics.
This is the front seat ALL THE WAY BACK. You can see my hands are not even close to reaching the wheel. Enlarging helps
IMG_4515.jpg
This is the back with the seat back
It was very cramped, I couldn't fit my legs back
IMG_4516.jpg
This is me in my normal driving position
IMG_4514.jpg
And still about 2 inches between my knees and the seat backs
IMG_4512.jpg

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well i have nothing to really compare... i went from 2 standard cabs, to a crew cab. ive ridden in and borrowed many extended cabs, but once i saw a crew (not a raptor crew) i had to have one. in fact i now have a pretty big decision in front of me.... i found a SCrew sub box that fits my awesome subs....... but now that ive seen the room, ESSPECIALLY when the seats are up..... holy ****.... i kinda dont want the sub box anymore..... i LOVE the room!!!

i agree, the SCab looks sportier and really nice. but the room trumps it for me! im single with no kids either, and id rather have the room inside.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another thread about this?

I went from a Supercab Raptor to a Supercrew Raptor. Why? Bigger is better. I wanted the new fancy shit that the 2011 had over the 2010. I wanted to get rid of the clunk and the added T/H-Ass mode in the 2011. (My 2010 didn't have it installed).

Also, sometime in the future, I'd like to have kids and a family and the Supercrew would be much better for that, although I am not liking the idea of the eventual kids destroying the inside of the truck, so I'll probably get a Flex or something to cart their asses around in.

Actually, maybe I'll give the wife the Supercrew and I'll get a Supercab and mod the **** out of it just for me.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thread about this?

I went from a Supercab Raptor to a Supercrew Raptor. Why? Bigger is better. I wanted the new fancy shit that the 2011 had over the 2010. I wanted to get rid of the clunk and the added T/H-Ass mode in the 2011. (My 2010 didn't have it installed).

Also, sometime in the future, I'd like to have kids and a family and the Supercrew would be much better for that, although I am not liking the idea of the eventual kids destroying the inside of the truck, so I'll probably get a Flex or something to cart their asses around in.

Actually, maybe I'll give the wife the SCrew and I'll get a Supercab and mod the **** out of it just for me.

Now you're talking! Edited. Definitely want to give the wife the SCrew...:waytogo:

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score

How about the "34, married, my wife does the grocery shopping, tow all my toys" truck? :bleh:

f91cd853.jpg

b9b6eb78.jpg

508d74c9.jpg

d08753f5.jpg

Seriously, the extra room and additional ton of tow capacity were a must for me. More of a good thing is always better. I'm frequently chasing cars or making trips to the Bay area and I almost always have my 2 rugrats with me. I've put almost 15k miles on my truck since the end of January and nearly 4k of that is towing.

Last edited: