SCAB to SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the rear door was closed correctly I never had any rattles. Not even after 75k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me neither and I've owned several Scabs since 1992.

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last 4 trucks were Screw, Regular Cab, Screw, and now Scab. It's not my daily driver, and I always preferred the looks of the shorter cabs. If this were a daily driver, I would stay with Screw. It much more usable and praticle. The bigger fuel tank also is nice.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When the rear door was closed correctly I never had any rattles. Not even after 75k miles.

Me neither and I've owned several Scabs since 1992.

Can you elaborate a little on correctly closing the door? I had a bad plastic rattle after about 10k that was fixed with a little athletic tape. But every time I'm off road or a bumpy road it sounds like the lack of B pillar is making the doors clunk. And not being a smart ass, I'd rather keep the scab for next truck as I don't even need a back seat on my daily but rattles get the best of me. It seems a lot of people have similar issues

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...tor+scab+rattles+site:www.fordraptorforum.com

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to make sure the top latch locks on the rear door. So rather than pushing in the middle push towards the top of the rear door.
Usually give a little tug afterwards to verify. You'll know right away if it didn't catch.

Otherwise only the bottom latches and everything rattles. It's been this way since ford came out with the suicide rear doors back around 97 or so.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You need to make sure the top latch locks on the rear door. So rather than pushing in the middle push towards the top of the rear door.
Usually give a little tug afterwards to verify. You'll know right away if it didn't catch.

Otherwise only the bottom latches and everything rattles. It's been this way since ford came out with the suicide rear doors back around 97 or so.

Thanks man. I'll try it tomo. I'm gonna feel like an idiot if thats all it was. At least I can keep my SCAB for 2018 truck if that's the case.

vladi

Reaction score
I think the SCAB is sufficient room in the back for me coming from a small German compact car. The fact that I live in a crowded city ( San Diego ). The fact that SCAB is lighter, and the smaller wheelbase should make the truck behave better ( not sure how much any inputs? ). I think since majority of time there will be just me in the car and the benefits of SCAB on the road being more responsive to steering inputs, off roadability due to the higher center issues of the screw, better turning radius, and lighter out way the need for friends or family comfort 5% of the time. If I need more room there is always a 5.5 foot bed I can work with.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My history is 2000 and 2003 F250 Crew, followed by 2010 SCAB and 2017 SCREW. The SCAB I had for 7 years but never liked the clam shell rear door, removing seat belt for passengers, etc. I like the SCREW but boy does the SCAB look better.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first the Supercrew trucks all looked strange but nowadays anything smaller than a crew cab pickup looks out of place.

That said, regardless of the look, the bigger fuel tank would force my hand. 10 extra gallons is a really nice luxury.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Screw has a better resale value, and ride better, since the wheel base is longer. Of course its nice to have your own door to open when you have passengers and not worry about them when getting in and out of the truck. Like others said, room and range is a big plus.