running board help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for the tire shine.

I use the cheap-o No Touch tire shine as the last step just before I park the truck for the night. The RB's look better than new the next morning, just gotta wipe off the residue. However, it is slippery as all heck for a day. Just consider it your personal agility test and you'll be fine.

OP
OP
warrior

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
thanks, cant understand why they get so ugly so quick? my Linex bedliner looks brand new after 1yr.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
warrior, i had the same problem this weekend. mine were looking almost white they were so nasty. i used 3:1 diluted Zep Purple Degreaser from the Home Depot. I Scrubbed it on there with a stiff brush and let it sit. rinse, repeat. elbow grease is key here. all the grime and discoloration melted away....then i sprayed them with Meguiars hot shine tire shine...let dry...and rinse(so they aren't slippery)

DO NOT GET THIS STUFF ON ANYTHING ELSE, INCLUDING YOUR HANDS. WEAR GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION. - seriously it's not about being a *****...the stuff will burn your eyes and i have gotten chemical burns on my hands from it in the past.

Just did this to mine this past week. Man they were looking like shit.