running board help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
think it was dicussed once, truck is almost a yr old. looks great except the RB are a gray color. have tried many cleaning products (westley, simple green) and dressings. they work till 1 rain? then they suck. help.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Armorall but then you risk slipping and falling on ur ass, also the rain issue

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
warrior, i had the same problem this weekend. mine were looking almost white they were so nasty. i used 3:1 diluted Zep Purple Degreaser from the Home Depot. I Scrubbed it on there with a stiff brush and let it sit. rinse, repeat. elbow grease is key here. all the grime and discoloration melted away....then i sprayed them with Meguiars hot shine tire shine...let dry...and rinse(so they aren't slippery)

DO NOT GET THIS STUFF ON ANYTHING ELSE, INCLUDING YOUR HANDS. WEAR GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION. - seriously it's not about being a *****...the stuff will burn your eyes and i have gotten chemical burns on my hands from it in the past.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Before
aefc291f-a123-e826.jpg

aefc291f-a13a-80f1.jpg

After
aefc291f-a14c-2e1e.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Hmm. Mine are still looking black. I put a very light coat of either armor all or tire spray when I clean the truck. Its slick for a day or so. A hot water pressure washer helps a ton too. Thats what the car wash is here. Will burn the crap out of your hands if you touch the metal fittings

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BIRDMAN said:
warrior, i had the same problem this weekend. mine were looking almost white they were so nasty. i used 3:1 diluted Zep Purple Degreaser from the Home Depot. I Scrubbed it on there with a stiff brush and let it sit. rinse, repeat. elbow grease is key here. all the grime and discoloration melted away....then i sprayed them with Meguiars hot shine tire shine...let dry...and rinse(so they aren't slippery)

DO NOT GET THIS STUFF ON ANYTHING ELSE, INCLUDING YOUR HANDS. WEAR GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION. - seriously it's not about being a *****...the stuff will burn your eyes and i have gotten chemical burns on my hands from it in the past.

You *****...

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Surf City Garage "Beyond Black" Tire Shine. Its seriously some stout stuff, works great and lasts long. Don't need to wear a bio-hazard suit, either.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
swoop1156 said:
I use Surf City Garage "Beyond Black" Tire Shine. Its seriously some stout stuff, works great and lasts long. Don't need to wear a bio-hazard suit, either.

Is it slippery?