Rubbing Issues with nittos and methods...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FREEHAVOC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I installed a set of 17 inch method NV's and Nitto trail grappler 35x12.50 's and am getting some pretty good rub on the driver side.
I have 2 questions

1. Is this normal or an idicatior that the front driver side shock is going out or needs rechared? I get no rub on the passenger side...
2. Also will going to the MID perch stop this from happening or do I need to have my front shocks rebuilt ? the truck has 52,000 miles on it ...

Thanks for the help,

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On bottom perch I rubbed with -5 offset and stock tires so I would guess with the nitto tires being closer to a real 35" tire they would rub more. Although the the fact that it's only one side is odd. Have you check the shock for an signs of leakage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The shock being out of Nitrogen typically won't be the cause of why it is rubbing on only one side as the nitrogen charge does not hold the vehicle up. The alignment being out can cause this from my experience.

To properly clear a true 35x12.50 like a Nitto or Toyo, I would highly recommend going to the Mid Perch though.

OP
OP
FREEHAVOC

FREEHAVOC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replys looking to do mid asap . If I went from the stocks wheels and tires to this setup without an alignment could that be the cause ?

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
Rubbing Issue with Toyo 35 X 12.50R20 and Fuel Trophy +1 offset

I have a similar problem. I just put on new 35" Toyo's on the Fuel Trophy wheels with a +1 offset. On the driver's side only I get a slight amount of rubbing against the rear part of the wheel well up against the gray fender trim. It only happens when I turn really sharp. This is after an alignment by my dealer. I'm wondering if a slight caster adjustment (still within spec) could fix it....any ideas? I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow and ask the alignment guy what he thinks and let you know. Anyone who wants to chime in here...I'd appreciate it. Thanks...Dunnbrother.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I just put on new 35" Toyo's on the Fuel Trophy wheels with a +1 offset. On the driver's side only I get a slight amount of rubbing against the rear part of the wheel well up against the gray fender trim. It only happens when I turn really sharp. This is after an alignment by my dealer. I'm wondering if a slight caster adjustment (still within spec) could fix it....any ideas? I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow and ask the alignment guy what he thinks and let you know. Anyone who wants to chime in here...I'd appreciate it. Thanks...Dunnbrother.
More caster will improve handling and give you more clearance in the back of the wheel well.