Rubber around interior driver door jam rattles….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the freeway the rubber around your ear that goes around the door rattles. You can push it in as it seems to comes unseated, but it just pops back out.

I had this same problem on my tremor, but apparently they didn’t fix the issue. Anyone have any ideas other than glue.

awd5906

Reaction score
I have the same issue. It seems to come and go. Especially if the car sits around in the sun. I’ve lubricated the seal which helped a little. I put some tape on the underside of the seal as well and that has helped but I can still hear it once in awhile intermittently. I am going to the dealer next week and will ask them to take a look at it and hopefully I’ll get some good news.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hyrepower @awd5906 Did either of you find a solution to this? I have access to adhesives that seem suitable, but if there's a dealer solution I'd much rather have their fingerprints on it than mine.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hyrepower @awd5906 Did either of you find a solution to this? I have access to adhesives that seem suitable, but if there's a dealer solution I'd much rather have their fingerprints on it than mine.

No, I sold the truck, I have had a 23 37PP that has been in the shop for the past 3 months with factory paint defects, getting PPFd, tires, wheels, spray in bed liner, tint, and ceramic coated. 3 motnhs I have been without the damn new truck due to the F'ing paint defects getting resolved. ****** me off.

Quality control is a thing of the past, not just with Ford, but everything!

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I sold the truck, I have had a 23 37PP that has been in the shop for the past 3 months with factory paint defects, getting PPFd, tires, wheels, spray in bed liner, tint, and ceramic coated. 3 motnhs I have been without the damn new truck due to the F'ing paint defects getting resolved. ****** me off.

Quality control is a thing of the past, not just with Ford, but everything!
That sucks, sorry to hear that. Hope something works out of for the better...

awd5906

Reaction score
That sucks, sorry to hear that. Hope something works out of for the better...
They apparently took the door apart and lubed and tightened things but it still rattles once in awhile. It’s always after I’ve been parked in the summer heat for hours. Always around the lock tab area. If I put some pressure against that area like pressing against it, the sound will go away. Some days are better than others, I’ll have to bring it up again next oil change in 5k miles. I also had the A pillar rattle but that was easily fixed with felt tape and a YouTube video.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 1 developed a door rattle too - it turned out to be the door seals. My fix was to use Gummi Pflege! When I get around to it, I'll preemptively treat my new door seals with this too.
I am going to use a dab of windshield silicone adhesive, about 2 x 1/4” dabs of it 1/3 down from top and up from bottom. This should be the ticket to stop that hard ****** rubber from rattling on the metal door. You’d think after 6 years ford would have rectified this issue.