RPG Upper Control Arms and Tie Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed the RPG UCA and Tie Rods. I already notice a difference in steering response and zero squeaks from the front now. Looks like they are a good investment so far.

Attachments

• IMG_2333[1].jpg
    IMG_2333[1].jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2334[1].jpg
    IMG_2334[1].jpg
    113 KB · Views: 230
D

Deleted member 12951

What the....
Contraption on the shocks, you have a lift or something?

RPG stuff looks really good!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
The uca's look great! Did you notice a weight difference from the stockers?

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The uca's look great! Did you notice a weight difference from the stockers?

The steering response is much better with the new set up. And yes the stock parts a significantly heavier. These billet parts are much better built and stronger.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Why bother upgrading suspension components when you have a 4” lift that will snap like a toothpick the second it sees any real off-roading?!

Should have just bought some 24’s

Define real Offroad, I am Offroad quite a bit in my area where the mud is deep and water often deeper. No I am not running balls to the wall down a lease road. Would love to see someone try actually with the holes and all. Stock height would bottom out way to fast and I would have water in my cab at least once a month.

There isn’t any dunes or desert where I am located, just mud and water. My Raptor is having no issues getting through what I take it through.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The steering response is much better with the new set up. And yes the stock parts a significantly heavier. These billet parts are much better built and stronger.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Define real Offroad, I am Offroad quite a bit in my area where the mud is deep and water often deeper. No I am not running balls to the wall down a lease road. Would love to see someone try actually with the holes and all. Stock height would bottom out way to fast and I would have water in my cab at least once a month.

There isn’t any dunes or desert where I am located, just mud and water. My Raptor is having no issues getting through what I take it through.

not for nothing, before you had the lift installed, I kind of warned you that you might want to consider the RPG bolt kit, fiberwerx fenders and 40s instead of the 4" lift route.

4" lift + 37s = 5" of altitude. 3" boltkit lift + 40s = 5.5" of altitude.

you would have been higher and had a much easier time with ruts and mud, plus a wider track width to straddle said ruts.

I get it, you wanted what you wanted and got that, which is cool. But doing the simple comparison is kind of why you're kinda getting the internet version of stink face from the folks on this board.

And for reference, an RPG bolt kit is about a bazillion times more high quality than anything readylift makes ( or whoever the lift cradle is from) .

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not for nothing, before you had the lift installed, I kind of warned you that you might want to consider the RPG bolt kit, fiberwerx fenders and 40s instead of the 4" lift route.

4" lift + 37s = 5" of altitude. 3" boltkit lift + 40s = 5.5" of altitude.

you would have been higher and had a much easier time with ruts and mud, plus a wider track width to straddle said ruts.

I get it, you wanted what you wanted and got that, which is cool. But doing the simple comparison is kind of why you're kinda getting the internet version of stink face from the folks on this board.

And for reference, an RPG bolt kit is about a bazillion times more high quality than anything readylift makes ( or whoever the lift cradle is from) .

You did and I remember that well. The reason we had to go with a cradle was due to my offset, +10. My guys doing the setup had mentioned there would be issues with the RPG front end. We decided to go this route for the time being and swap out some of the lift kit parts with heavier duty parts or custom fab parts. The cradle (Fabtech) is about the only thing we used. Next I will be adding coil overs all the way around since I tend to think that the stock shocks are maxed.

For the rear I am waiting on RPG at the moment ordered a full swap out leaf kit with my blocks which will give me about 5.5-6” of lift in the rear giving it the aggressive stance again. Wasn’t really happy with the lean, also was making the front lift too much when you go WOT. Wanted to be able to have less rear sag when loaded as well. Should have that kit installed in about 4 weeks when it arrives.

As for my track width I measured today. Sitting at 91.5”, not bad to straddle ruts. Thing is about 2in wider than my previous F250. I will eventually get this “money hole” as my wife calls it right like I want it.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
You did and I remember that well. The reason we had to go with a cradle was due to my offset, +10. My guys doing the setup had mentioned there would be issues with the RPG front end. We decided to go this route for the time being and swap out some of the lift kit parts with heavier duty parts or custom fab parts. The cradle (Fabtech) is about the only thing we used. Next I will be adding coil overs all the way around since I tend to think that the stock shocks are maxed.

For the rear I am waiting on RPG at the moment ordered a full swap out leaf kit with my blocks which will give me about 5.5-6” of lift in the rear giving it the aggressive stance again. Wasn’t really happy with the lean, also was making the front lift too much when you go WOT. Wanted to be able to have less rear sag when loaded as well. Should have that kit installed in about 4 weeks when it arrives.

As for my track width I measured today. Sitting at 91.5”, not bad to straddle ruts. Thing is about 2in wider than my previous F250. I will eventually get this “money hole” as my wife calls it right like I want it.

woa woa woa.... you're going to run Deaver +3s AND blocks?

your wheels would not have been an issue with the bolt kit. You would have had to do fenders and bedsides.

My $.02, take your truck up to jason at TMX in dallas before you spend another nickle. You've already tossed thousands of dollars on the scrap heap. You're only going to get deeper if you keep trialing all of this stuff.

Jason knows his shit and has built more raptors for all sorts of uses than anyone else in Texas, by a VERY large margin. Cory from RPG knows all of the TMX guys well. SVC knows TMX very well. Rogue knows TMX very well.

None of this is by accident or luck.

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
woa woa woa.... you're going to run Deaver +3s AND blocks?

your wheels would not have been an issue with the bolt kit. You would have had to do fenders and bedsides.

My $.02, take your truck up to jason at TMX in dallas before you spend another nickle. You've already tossed thousands of dollars on the scrap heap. You're only going to get deeper if you keep trialing all of this stuff.

Jason knows his shit and has built more raptors for all sorts of uses than anyone else in Texas, by a VERY large margin. Cory from RPG knows all of the TMX guys well. SVC knows TMX very well. Rogue knows TMX very well.

None of this is by accident or luck.

Yes, that is the current plan to get the rear higher to fix the lean and add clearance in the rear wheel well. Not really sold on the idea but wasn’t given other choices by my local guy.

I was just talking to one of my buddies yesterday about heading up to Dallas to talk with the guys at TMX. I have a hauler build that I need to talk with them about. Old 53 Ford Heavy Duty flat bed I want to build into a show hauler. I know those guys do great work and after everything I have been dumping into this one I should have gotten them to do my full suspension work and let me guy here locally just do the body and interior work. Engine was done my my race crew mostly so wasn’t worried there. Just had my local guy install the parts once built.