RPG Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here with a live valve truck installed their own RPG upper control arms? Specifically I was wondering about how they work with the factory ride height sensors and do the RPG UCAs come with instructions that address the ride height sensors? I currently have Fox Factory Race Series front and rear, the fronts have had 1in of spring preload dialed in and I have Deaver + 4 springs in the back. Quite a lot going on in the bed with Chase/ Tire rack and overlanding rack. I’m about 43in to center of rear wheel well and about 42in in the front and I’ve never had the ride height sensors recalibrated though kind of an evolving suspension set up. The truck seems to ride fine to me for Hiway and trail work, I’ve yet to find anything to try a small jump. I guess I could hit someone’s corn field nearby that’s recently been cut and get out before I get caught. I’d like to do the RPG UCAs and tie rod ends after I do the SVC bump stop kit and just looking for info/ advice.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS: I’m not married to RPG stuff. It’s just that their orange seems to match the FFRS orange anodizing, excepting that, I’d just do black. I’d be happy to hear from anyone who feels that there are better options than RPG as far as performance and durability. It’s my trail toy and not a show truck, still like it look nice, but prefer performance over show.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PS: I’m not married to RPG stuff. It’s just that their orange seems to match the FFRS orange anodizing, excepting that, I’d just do black. I’d be happy to hear from anyone who feels that there are better options than RPG as far as performance and durability. It’s my trail toy and not a show truck, still like it look nice, but prefer performance over show.
I wouldn't say I am a RPG fan boy either. I picked a setup I wanted and figured all their products would work together so to speak.

But on the upper control arms I have a couple thoughts.

Here is the deal. Fact is you need some adjustments to do alignments.

The factory uses slots in the lower control arm for this.

There are kits to delete the slots. At that point you have to do you adjustments with the upper control arm. You could definitely do that with the RPG upper arms but Holy hell it would be a ton of work..

There are arms that are adjustable but we are talking aluminum here so for me I want as much thread engagement as possible. Which means I leave the lower slots as adjustment points and use the RPG arms which do NOT have provisions for on vehicle adjustment.

I do have a slot reinforcement kit coming.

Retains slots but reinforces the lower control arm mounting points.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope that makes sense.
Thanks for all of that. I know so much more after seeing/reading your posts. I’m glad that the RPG units do not have adjustments as that means there is less for me to inadvertently screw up. I’ve not actually studied the operation of the ride height sensor, does the added thickness of the RPG unit require making some manner of adjustment to the sensor? I see from your photo that the RPG orange and the Fox orange match very well.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all of that. I know so much more after seeing/reading your posts. I’m glad that the RPG units do not have adjustments as that means there is less for me to inadvertently screw up. I’ve not actually studied the operation of the ride height sensor, does the added thickness of the RPG unit require making some manner of adjustment to the sensor? I see from your photo that the RPG orange and the Fox orange match very well.
There are no mechanical adjustments to the ride height sensors. They are either a hall effect sensor or a potentiometer sensor. (pretty sure it is the later)

if you browse the forum you will see on from time to time some say something about "zeroing their ride height" with forscan or IDS.

when you do this you electronically tell the trucks electronics that the truck is on a level surface at stationary ride height with no passengers, no cargo and roughly a 1/2 tank of fuel. The truck then "learns" the center position of each sensor.

you would want to do this if the ride height has changed (up for perches/springs, down for saggy stock suspension) or if a sensor has been replaced as no two sensors will have the exact same voltage reading at the same height.