RPG Offroad traction bars creaking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guyzer

Reaction score
I purchased a set of RPG Offroad traction bars and had them installed at their shop. There is an obnoxious creaking noise coming from the rear every time I accelerate or decelerate. It has been two weeks and I though they might settle in and I also sprayed them with some silicone lube but nothing seems to work. I have left several phone messages and emails but they have ghosted me. Christian is the rep I was dealing with and I have to say I am totally disappointed in their customer service. FYI... You gotta earn that American Flag you are engraving on your product! Has anyone experienced this creaking noise and if so, did you resolve it. It is litterally driving me crazing.

Attachments

• 20231010_120629[1].jpg
    20231010_120629[1].jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 18

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Have you checked if all the connection points are solid, and bolts, nuts, etc. are tightened?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
There will be some creaking due to the helm joints. This is normal. Hard to tell what you hear without a video though.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I've learned over the years is when you mess with the stock setup, you get to experience some things like this. Whats wrong with the OEM setup?

OP
OP
Guyzer

Guyzer

Reaction score
There will be some creaking due to the helm joints. This is normal. Hard to tell what you hear without a video though.
This does not seem normal and it doesnt help that RPG Offroad won't respond to me. They are 2 hours from where I live and I do not want to just show up if they are not in business anymore. Ill try to post a video later.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This does not seem normal and it doesnt help that RPG Offroad won't respond to me. They are 2 hours from where I live and I do not want to just show up if they are not in business anymore. Ill try to post a video later.
You really think they went out of business that quickly since you purchased them? How about letting us know if they do what you hoped they'd accomplish, aside from the squeaking? I know many here bought some contraption couple of years back that was supposed to stop the rear wheel hopping, this big thing they bolted to the rear. There were lots of fitment issues with it but I haven't heard long term reports on it.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with stock suspension, but I'd also remove those if they were bothering me and chalk it up as a purchase gone wrong. Could always be worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter