Rogue Rebel + Baja Designs ONX6 ARC = no bueno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the back of the light, how much room is there between the end of the fins and the frame horn? And can you measure how much it sticks out on the ends? Just wondering how much might need to be ground down in the back.

It's a little over an inch from the face of section of the bumper that mounts to the frame horn to the outside edge of the light. So closer to 1 1/4 when you get to the actual fins.

D

Deleted member 12951

It's a little over an inch from the face of section of the bumper that mounts to the frame horn to the outside edge of the light. So closer to 1 1/4 when you get to the actual fins.

So does it look like if you made your own bracket with the two holes set back 1" further that you would not need to grind any of the fins down? Would 1" make it looks a lot better, or have you already tried a modified bracket?

OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does it look like if you made your own bracket with the two holes set back 1" further that you would not need to grind any of the fins down? Would 1" make it looks a lot better, or have you already tried a modified bracket?

I haven't messed with it. I haven't even put the security bolts on as I figured it would be changed quickly. :ROFLJest:

I think a bracket that's about an inch shorter would bring it pretty close to being tucked.

D

Deleted member 12951

I haven't messed with it. I haven't even put the security bolts on as I figured it would be changed quickly. :ROFLJest:

I think a bracket that's about an inch shorter would bring it pretty close to being tucked.

I will post back what I end up doing.

OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post back what I end up doing.

Awesome. I was contemplating cutting and rewelding the rogue bracket.

Troy just got back to me again and let me know their design team is going to take a look at it as well.

D

Deleted member 12951

Awesome. I was contemplating cutting and rewelding the rogue bracket.

Troy just got back to me again and let me know their design team is going to take a look at it as well.

Great news. I've had nothing but great things to say about Rogue (Ryan is awesome!) and @Baja Designs, great people and great products. Just these two items don't go well together. Rogue listens and if they look at this, they will make it right.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f169/rogue-47702/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news. I've had nothing but great things to say about Rogue (Ryan is awesome!) and Baja Designs, great people and great products. Just these two items don't go well together. Rogue listens and if they look at this, they will make it right.

That's what I'm hoping. There has definitely been a lack of communication, but it's easy to see how that happened now.

Troy.

Reaction score
Hey guys I apologize about the issues you are having. I'm doing my best to get these issues resolved I was not aware of the fitment issue until recently. Unfortunately the reason for this is the frame horns on the Rebel Bumper are in the way of the light and it can not be installed as far back as we would like. With the Renegade Bumper you are required to cut the frame horns which moves the mounting points backwards allowing for a deeper light bar pocket. I'm currently working with my cad designer and Baja designs to come up with a solution. I personally will be in contact with each of you until I resolve this issue. Please feel free to call or email me anytime [email protected]

OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I apologize about the issues you are having. I'm doing my best to get these issues resolved I was not aware of the fitment issue until recently. Unfortunately the reason for this is the frame horns on the Rebel Bumper are in the way of the light and it can not be installed as far back as we would like. With the Renegade Bumper you are required to cut the frame horns which moves the mounting points backwards allowing for a deeper light bar pocket. I'm currently working with my cad designer and Baja designs to come up with a solution. I personally will be in contact with each of you until I resolve this issue. Please feel free to call or email me anytime [email protected]

Thank you.