Roam Rugged Case - Bed install tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a Roam case -the big one. My plan was to keep it locked in the bed up towards the cab so I could secure some things. My cap shell was broken into recently and lost thousands of camp gear because it wasn't secured. The Roam case was purchased as a plan to better keep EDC in the back.

I'd like to bolt it down to the bed so it just doesn't go anywhere. AND so that I don't have to use tie-downs.

Anyone done this? Any tips?

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, IMO they broke into your shell. If you bolt down the Roam case, what makes you think they won't just pry it up, break the plastic, and mangle your bed to get it out? Do you really want that?

If a thief wants something, nothing is going to stand in their way to get it. I don't think it's a great idea. Maybe a steel bed box or something of that nature?

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
cable lock through the handles to the two rear tie downs, both holding it in place and securing it. two locks for the main case itself.

bed cover to not make it obvious you have one. out of sight out of mind.

Though nothing will stop a dude with a crowbar and bolt cutters.

It would be worth someone trying to steal my stuff just so I can catch them. game on.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A box will be ten times harder to break into than a shell. And out of sight is the best security. Breaking into stuff on spec is work and risk for possibly no payoff. Dirtbags are lazy. Use it to your advantage