Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

george16

Reaction score
Keeping the same tires.
Not looking to get to crazy, just like the way the black colored ones look a lot better than the default ones.

Aftermarket wheels are definitely one of the most common options.

Are you looking at keeping the factory tires and running 17s or are you interested in another size setup?

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Method if you want a good cheap cast wheels. I would look at Innov8 racing if you want to splurge for forged.
Forgive my ignorance, what’s the difference between cast and forged?

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Never mind I just googled it.

OP
OP
G

george16

Reaction score
Yeah just saw a video about it.
I see the raptr OEM beadlocks are forged.
So why do many guys here get rid of them for different models?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you a reseller of the Innov8s?

Yes we are!

Keeping the same tires.
Not looking to get to crazy, just like the way the black colored ones look a lot better than the default ones.

In that case, a swap for 17" wheels is fairly common and Methods are very popular. For what it's worth, you will have to add some sot of perch collar to completely eliminating rubbing from the added offset of the Method 17x8.5 wheels.

Here is our Phase 1 Build Write-Up of our Shop Truck. You might find this helpful.

Apollo Optics: Phase 1 Shop Truck Build!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my 2013 Raptor 1000 miles after warranty expired, decided to have the sunroof track break, and the transmission leadframe break on the same day. Dealer wanted $4000. I also needed new tires, another $1200.
So instead I got an almost new 2017 Raptor.
Anyway it is completely fully loaded with every option except the bead lock wheels.
It has the standard wheels.
I am thinking of upgrading. My truck is blue.
I was looking at the OEM ones. I found for about $1500 on eBay.
But I see a lot of other nice ones out there that cost less too.
Any recommendations?
I was thinking definitely black or matte black.

I've seen people coat the stock wheels black and they look a million times better.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f264/powder-coat-factory-wheels-51491/

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score