Rigid LED - White or Amber? Flood or Spot? Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco75

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I am looking for some input as to what lighting will be most effective for fog and street driving if needed.

I am looking at the Rigid LED kit that puts one 4" light on either side of the front license plate (I live in WA and I need the front plate). I would be using these primarily for foggy days and for overly dark roads when needed. I want to know how much better you guys have found the Amber color to be in fog...and is that Amber color useless aside from fog/dust?

The truck will also be getting the 40" Rigid LED behind the grill for off-road use.

Also...I was assuming flood would be best for the application on either side of the license plate...do you all agree...or should I be looking at spots?

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I am looking for some input as to what lighting will be most effective for fog and street driving if needed.

I am looking at the Rigid LED kit that puts one 4" light on either side of the front license plate (I live in WA and I need the front plate). I would be using these primarily for foggy days and for overly dark roads when needed. I want to know how much better you guys have found the Amber color to be in fog...and is that Amber color useless aside from fog/dust?

The truck will also be getting the 40" Rigid LED behind the grill for off-road use.

Also...I was assuming flood would be best for the application on either side of the license plate...do you all agree...or should I be looking at spots?

First off, amber is crucial in fog/snow/dust/rain. It will penetrate through better than a white light. White will just reflect back at you, so I would do Amber. Have you looked into the Fog Light kits? Either the Dually or the D2 kits actually have better light output than the dual 4" kit. If I was putting a kit on, I would do the D2 Fog kit in Driving pattern, one white driving, and one amber driving set. Or if you want the ultimate in lighting, do the Baja Designs Squadron Fog Light kit, at an amazing 17,200 lumens for the 4 lights, there's nothing brighter out there!

Please give me a call, we can discuss your options!