Rigid Industries LED Raptor Kits!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
can anyone chime in on the difference between the standard Dually kit and the Dually D2 kit?

The price is quite substantial...

Sure! There is a big difference between the two. The lights themselves are the same size, same housing, just the insides and the LED's are different. The Duallies have 4 LED's and come spot, flood, and diffusion. They put out 1300 lumens each.

Now the D2's in the same housing have 6 LED's and come driving, wide, and diffusion. They put out 2600 lumens each. So basically you're getting twice the amount of light in the D2's as the original Duallys, and different beam types. In the D2's the driving beam is by far the most popular beam type!

Thanks!
James

MTGOAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I ended up ordering the standard Dually set up last night from another source with the help of Amazon, a few beers and paypal... I later noticed that there was a difference between the two kits but wasn't aware of exactly what it was.

I may have to cancel this order, the D2s sound like a much better setup for someone who is actually using them for driving lights.

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I ended up ordering the standard Dually set up last night from another source with the help of Amazon, a few beers and paypal... I later noticed that there was a difference between the two kits but wasn't aware of exactly what it was.

I may have to cancel this order, the D2s sound like a much better setup for someone who is actually using them for driving lights.

Exactly right. If you're actually going to be using them for supplemental driving lights, definitely go with the D2's. And you could always re-order through us :)

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

You should order through James. He'll help you out and make sure you get what you need. Also, you can get him anytime if there was an issue regarding quality. Good luck talking to a person at Amazon!

MTGOAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Forums are a great source of info and support. I am trying to cancel now...

another question if you don't mind. The driving lights, if you aim them correctly is there any issue using them on the road or are they strictly for off road use only?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah. Forums are a great source of info and support. I am trying to cancel now...

another question if you don't mind. The driving lights, if you aim them correctly is there any issue using them on the road or are they strictly for off road use only?

I've never had a single customer come back to me and complain about being hassled by other drivers or law enforcement with a D2 driving beam

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
My hood mounted d2 are really bright so I flick em off when so when someone is approaching me . Same as my fog amber d2 they are pretty bright on the highway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the d2 amber driving matched up with a wide white. I would like to keep the amber while on road driving. I know it has been mentioned before to some extent but just want to make sure that i wont be blinding other drivers. I am pretty sure they are adjustable. Does this sound right? Also, these will wire up to 2 uplifter switches, right? I am runnin outa switches! Still gotta hook up my on board compressor/train horn. Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the d2 amber driving matched up with a wide white. I would like to keep the amber while on road driving. I know it has been mentioned before to some extent but just want to make sure that i wont be blinding other drivers. I am pretty sure they are adjustable. Does this sound right? Also, these will wire up to 2 uplifter switches, right? I am runnin outa switches! Still gotta hook up my on board compressor/train horn. Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and a budweiser can

That's a great setup, just try not to run the white wide while driving, the amber will be just fine. They are fully adjustable and yes they will be on 2 upfitter switches. One for the white and one for the amber. Thanks!!