Rigid Cargo/Bed Lights installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently installed a BedRug And Bak F1 bed cover and noticed how dark it is when I open the tailgate now that the cargo light no longer shines in the bed. So decided to install some Rigid LED lights in the truck bed.

Attachments

• SAM_9002.jpg
    SAM_9002.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 356
  • SAM_9346.jpg
    SAM_9346.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 412
  • SAM_9347.jpg
    SAM_9347.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 572
  • SAM_9345.jpg
    SAM_9345.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 433
OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are wired using a Rigid wiring harness with a 3 amp fuse. I turn them on using the Rigid switch its illuminated red in the picture. For mounting I used velcro, grabs great to the BedRug material.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of the LED Dome Lights did you install?

I have the same setup as you, and agree, it's dark back in there :)

I don't want you to go through any trouble, but a simple list of what you used would be helpful to recreate your setup.

A

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a problem, I used 4 of the Rigid LED's 1 Rigid wiring harness that was not used from an E-series light, came with a switch that lights up red when the lights are on and a fuse holder, I swapped out the 15 Amp for a 3 Amp, some velcro and about 20' of red 18 gauge wire to extend harness up to the battery, you could cut into the vehicles harness but I cant cut a harness on a new truck. I also used some cheap 20 gauge speaker wire that I had to wire up the 4 lights and 30' of wire loom, That's about it.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a couple of PM's wondering what wiring harness I used, so here is a picture of the spare Rigid harness that I used, this one was from a 4" light so it had no relay which was perfect for the very low amp draw these lights have. I think you can buy these from Rigid separately.

Attachments

• SAM_7018.jpg
    SAM_7018.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 151
  • SAM_7019.jpg
    SAM_7019.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 145

RigidIndustries

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Recently installed a BedRug And Bak F1 bed cover and noticed how dark it is when I open the tailgate now that the cargo light no longer shines in the bed. So decided to install some Rigid LED lights in the truck bed.

Looks awesome, just another way to make use of our products.
Thanks for supporting Rigid Industries!!!