Rigid 20" Lightbar & Duallys - Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread should also include Jason's excellent graphic which provides a lot of info.

Below: Here's Jason's graphic providing an overview of the Upfitter switches, fuses, relays and pass-through wires:

SVTOffroadcom-JasonsUpfitterpic01co.jpg

Below: In this cropped version of the above pic, look at the image on the right showing the swtiches (1-4) and the wire colors next to them. These are the colors of the four wires that originate at the Upfitter switches and end behind the glovebox. Those four wires need to be connected to the "Pass-Thru Wires" that also are behind the glovebox and they "pass-thru" the firewall and into the engine compartment where they terminate on top of the passenger side wheel well close to the hood strut.

SVTOffroadcom-JasonsUpfitterpic02.jpg

AuPanda

Reaction score

In preparation for Saturday, I went fuse shopping today...what I learned:

The parts department at Colley Ford in San Dimas is practically worthless. He wanted to send me to another dealer 15 miles away to get in on their order of 5amp fuses. Really you won't order it for me?

The "dude" at Auto Zone in Covina was very helpful. We located a pack of mini-blade fuses and then after some research (looked through their supplier handbook as well as calling their supplier) determined that the square/block fuses do not come in a lower amperage than 20. So I think I will replace aux3 with a 10 amp and wire the outside lights to it and the 20" light to aux 4. Or I just may use the inline fuse.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Using 3 and 4 is a good idea. One other option is to get a couple of those inline fuse holders and use them at the pass-through connection point under the dash... gives you some extra wire and the fuses would be easily accessible under the kick panel by the existing fuse box... That would allow you to fuse 1 and 2 at the correct rating. (But you've added another set of contacts where something could go wrong.)

One more minor suggestion... the 20" bar is mounted with carriage bolts which are grade 2 at best. Very soft. When I removed mine to modify the bracket, one of the bolts snapped off as I was loosening it. I had probably overtightened it. I found some grade 5 carriage bolts (three lines on the head) at an industrial hardware store (McFadden-Dale... had to ask, they had them behind the counter)

Have fun!

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned in the Dually thread that the mounting bolts are really cheap crap on these things. I stripped out a couple of the adjustment bolts on the Dually brackets when I fitted them on my truck making future adjustments absolutely useless.

Why Rigid used such soft crap metal on the mounting gear is a mystery to me considering the quality of the lights.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Mark. How did you modify the bracket? Did you shorten it to recess the lightbar in deeper?

Yes... I moved the light back about an inch. A lot of work for a little nicer look... When I get a chance to install the new carriage bolts, I'll take pics. (Lowe's only had "butter bolts" so that's what I used until I found the grade 5) Hopefully by then I'll have my other lighting mod figured out too.

P.S. when I said "snapped off" it was more like "twisted off" as I was removing it. I must have torqued it down too much and I'm glad that it didn't break on it's own.

Triheart7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I was wondering how the 20 inch and Dually's hold up to rocks and dirt. Also, I was wondering how hot they get, if you run through a puddle would they crack? How easy are they to clean?

Triheart7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I was wondering how the 20 inch and Dually's hold up to rocks and dirt. Also, I was wondering how hot they get, if you run through a puddle would they crack? How easy are they to clean?

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably the best 2 people to answer your questions are Lvdzrtdawg and MarkT. They probably have more dirt time with these lights on Raptors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter