Rigid 20" Light Bar Lower Grill Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no one has mentioned this, but although the rigid light fits perfectly in the lower grill, it still looks like it didn't come from the factory with it. I started to modify the lower grill, & will be doing a test fit later on. I'll have to trim the edges a little, but from the looks of it, the top & bottom of the grill will fit perfectly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337881355.830817.jpg

Let me know what you think of this idea. I'll post pics once I continue on with this project.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to cut it in half this weekend. Fills in the void perfectly, just gets stretched out by the bracket. I marked spots where to cut, so once done it'll be two parts. The top will stay screwed in, the bottom will be 3m taped on, BAMMM! Will look splendid.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditching the idea. I bought new bumperettes today..$160 for both. Got from Tasca for $110 shipped. I'm modifying the bolt & using a skinnier bolt so that I don't have to trim the bumperettes at all & them painting the bolts & nuts black. Also going to use thread-lock on the nut since it won't be gnarl-lock.

Marcus85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wiring harness did your light come with?

Mine came with the switch already attached and built in fuse. Do I just cut the switch off and solder it the up lifter switch?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What wiring harness did your light come with?

Mine came with the switch already attached and built in fuse. Do I just cut the switch off and solder it the up lifter switch?

Good question I was wondering the same. I have the switch and fuse plus a relay. should I keep this for another light project and just run some black and red wires? or do I need that relay and fuse? I am guessing not!

UPDATE:

UPS dropped off the missing Raptor brackets and to my surprise a new Raptor wiring harness, hooked it all up and it works great. The new wiring harness had no fuse, relay or switch just a plug and two wires, so that is all you need to wire it up. Hope this answers your question.

Last edited: