Retrofitted Projectors in Stock Headlamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How difficult is the breaking open/cutting a hole/resealing process on the F-150 lights? Was this kit templated for the F-150 or is it totally generic?

Didn't realize they were going for so cheap, tempted to do a very simple kit (FX-R Stage 3, no halos) when I get time.

IF you are provided the correct info, it's not that bad. I initially relied on the "retrofart source" for my info & was omitted some critical info that would have made it much easier. They said there wasn't room on their pages for THAT info.
Other than the wiring harness adapter, it is generic

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Oh no, the internet ran out of space again? :D Tell them to delete their old **** to make some room.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.......Finally get another package from The Retrofart Source.
This time there are 2 80mm amber halos, but they are different.
Can someone tell me WTF is going on with these guys? And why are these lights different? You can clearly see the individual LEDs in the new set & almost look like a different manufacturer. Also, the original one, on the left, is brighter.

Attachments

• TRS (2).JPG
    TRS (2).JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 30
  • TRS (3).JPG
    TRS (3).JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 35
  • TRS (1).JPG
    TRS (1).JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 46

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, somebody there know you or something. They haven't sent you one order that is correct or working yet. That is horrible. I have had three orders from them and all have been working and great. The first set of Morimoto LED rings that came in were first gen (leads came out of bottom of ring) and after building my second set for my dad I got a new gen set (lead comes out of side like the one on the right side of the middle picture above). So after seeing the newer style I ordered another set of them and put them in my newer build with Stock headlights instead of the aftermarkets.
Are you ordering on their site or talking on the phone?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the one set is the 2.0 older version and the other is the 3.0 newer version...don't quote me on it tho

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

helmer

Reaction score
IF you are provided the correct info, it's not that bad. I initially relied on the "retrofart source" for my info & was omitted some critical info that would have made it much easier. They said there wasn't room on their pages for THAT info.
Other than the wiring harness adapter, it is generic

This is something I'm currently gathering parts to attempt. I am gathering all the info I can to hopefully make my attempt seamless. I'm wondering what this critical information that was omitted is.

OP
OP
DynoDynge

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is something I'm currently gathering parts to attempt. I am gathering all the info I can to hopefully make my attempt seamless. I'm wondering what this critical information that was omitted is.

Having to cut the shrouds, heating the original headlamps to a much higher temp & longer than they stated

Yeah, I've talked to them on the phone & emailed......they are just ignorant or petty. I'm not sure which