Retrax one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know. Below that price point I think the best options are the Bak Roll-x or Bakflip F1 - for those call Morrie. I didn't want a flip cover, and didn't like the vinyl on the roll-x so I paid more for the retrax.
Pace Edwards makes a retractable as well as Roll n Lock and Bak's rollbak. They all use a strap to pull the cover closed, which I personally didn't like.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So how does the Retrax do it without a strap? I was looking at the RollBak 'cause I know that no one could beat Morrie's pricing.

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It rolls on the rails and has a latch which can stop it anywhere along the track.
There are some youtube videos which show it pretty well

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gotcha. Just watched the video. That is nice...I might just have to throw down the coin for this one. Now it's a question of Line-X or BedRug...decision, decisions.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's funny how the video does not show how much space it takes up right under the rear window. I am sure there is some sort of compartment that contains the entire cover when rolled up. It would be nice if they showed this compartment.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Retrax covers are not spring loaded, so a strap is not necessary.

Cross sections of TruckCoversUSA on the right and RetraxPro on the left.
RetraxPro3.jpg

Side view of RetraxOne's curtain.
RetraxB.jpg

Inside the Retrax canister without the curtain.
RetraxA.jpg

RetraxPro (not on a Ford though)
RetraxPro1-1.jpg

Last edited: