Removed part of bed side graphic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wasn't a fan of the OEM bed graphics. I really love the Ruby Red paint and they covered more of it up than I preferred. I didn't want to remove the entire thing in case it could effect re-sale value as it was an expensive option and because I wasn't going to tackle the hood graphics and I wanted to keep some continuity because just leaving the hood stripes seemed kinda weird.

Using a heat gun I very carefully removed the black horizontal portion of the graphic. Those decals are THICK! They did come off relatively well however the real work began removing all of the adhesive. Had I removed the entire stripe I could have coated the entire thing with Goo Gone and let it sit a while but leaving the Raptor part I didn't want to have adhesive remover getting on the remaining decal for a prolonged period. About 4 hours later with some elbow grease and several microfibers it came out well. Tomorrow it goes out for a ceramic treatment on the paint, glass and wheels.
20210502_073813_resized.jpg

Bitsniffer

Reaction score
I just wasn't a fan of the OEM bed graphics. I really love the Ruby Red paint and they covered more of it up than I preferred. I didn't want to remove the entire thing in case it could effect re-sale value as it was an expensive option and because I wasn't going to tackle the hood graphics and I wanted to keep some continuity because just leaving the hood stripes seemed kinda weird.

Using a heat gun I very carefully removed the black horizontal portion of the graphic. Those decals are THICK! They did come off relatively well however the real work began removing all of the adhesive. Had I removed the entire stripe I could have coated the entire thing with Goo Gone and let it sit a while but leaving the Raptor part I didn't want to have adhesive remover getting on the remaining decal for a prolonged period. About 4 hours later with some elbow grease and several microfibers it came out well. Tomorrow it goes out for a ceramic treatment on the paint, glass and wheels.
View attachment 167539
Did the same thing on mine right after I purchased in September 2020.

Attachments

• IMG_20200924_075156.jpg
    IMG_20200924_075156.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200926_171630.jpg
    IMG_20200926_171630.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 53

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That doesn’t look too bad at all I must say! I was against all of em on my first one....I had em removed on delivery (bedside ones anyhow) I had an optioned up 2018 801a that was black w/ the $1100 white outlines “raptor” graphics & I thought they looked particularlu hideous on a black truck w/ no other decals. When I got my 2020 801a it had no decals & I realized it kinda looked naked so I added some Rappy graphics stuff- wish I would’ve considered doing this on my 2018 tho!

AdvRap

Reaction score
I like it. I was searching the forums trying to find what PB would look like without the bedside decal. I'll probably do this instead.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That doesn’t look too bad at all I must say! I was against all of em on my first one....I had em removed on delivery (bedside ones anyhow) I had an optioned up 2018 801a that was black w/ the $1100 white outlines “raptor” graphics & I thought they looked particularlu hideous on a black truck w/ no other decals. When I got my 2020 801a it had no decals & I realized it kinda looked naked so I added some Rappy graphics stuff- wish I would’ve considered doing this on my 2018 tho!
I had done the same, ordered it naked, then put some Rappy ones on that I liked much better than the oem, and they are about 85% cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter