remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KNUCKLEBUSTER

Reaction score
Hey busa show the people how many wires have to be spliced into do a remote start aftermarket and they will run for the hills. Its a crime to rap a vehicle like that.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whatever.......

there are some that are happy with the oem security, and then there are others that want to upgrade to something better. its all a matter of personnal preferance.

OP
OP
L

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not afraid of aftermarket really I've modded so many things like the corvette I had 2 months after I bought it I put headers cam and exhaust on it lost the power train warranty it went from 370 HP at the wheels to 509 HP a blast to drive but decided I wanted to get back into off roading plus the roads around here SUCK for a sports car. so I guess aftermarket is the way to go. really I will mostly use it at work to start it up when it's cold before I go home since it sits in the garage at the house

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not afraid of aftermarket really I've modded so many things like the corvette I had 2 months after I bought it I put headers cam and exhaust on it lost the power train warranty it went from 370 HP at the wheels to 509 HP a blast to drive but decided I wanted to get back into off roading plus the roads around here SUCK for a sports car. so I guess aftermarket is the way to go. really I will mostly use it at work to start it up when it's cold before I go home since it sits in the garage at the house

Those are huge gains from a cam and headers...those are forced induction gains... Obviously you had an aggressive kick ass customers tune as well...that is very impressive...

Was it an LS3? What headers and exhaust?

Fred

OP
OP
L

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep LS3 with a wicked cam and nice tune it ran really stong. headers were kooks 1 3/4
the exhaust was B&B Fusion which are great until the diaphram goes out then they are stuck on 3 inch the whole time which sucked for long drives.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome..same headers on my Vette, had the Borla stinger exhaust, put a Vortech on mine and swapped out the stock pulley for a smaller one...I was putting out about 12 psi of boost... Loved it and sounded great as well...

Loved rattling the uptight neighbors windows at night....

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the OEM which didn't w0rk well so I bought a Clifford (made by Viper, I think) and it's a one mile starter that works through some amazing concrete and steel walls. Only had a failure to start 2 times in the two years. My door locks, alarm. etc all work off the Viper. In the Arizoniland summertime, it's a must have to cool-down the vehicle before getting in.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DEI is the parent company for viper, clifford, automate, autostart,python, rattler, avital, xpresskits, polk audio, etc, etc, they have the most R&D in aftermarket alarm solutions

OP
OP
L

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going aftermarket but as for the vette yea I woke my neighbors every morning when going to work they loved the 5am wake up lol

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ever need a little extra range boost or if your batteries are dying try holding the fob to your chin while hitting the button....really it works.