Remote Start location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Ozraptor

Reaction score
I have an idea!

What year is your raptor? It is probably covered under your warranty. I bet it is something simple.

2012 and just bought it 5 month ago so i am sure it will be under warranty. I just was hoping to figure out on my own since the nearest dealership is 45 min away from me. Oh well.

Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2012 and just bought it 5 month ago so i am sure it will be under warranty. I just was hoping to figure out on my own since the closes dealership is 45 min away from me. Oh well.

I have no doubt that you could figure it out on your own. But, how much is your time worth? Please keep us posted.

And WELCOME to the forum. Good luck.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Is the truck in park when you turn it off?
Are all doors and hood closed securely? Check rear doors.
Try holding down the second crank button: press lock, press crank, press and hold crank.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
If the remote start wAs used twice in a row it won't start a third time until the key is cycled. Start vehicle with key shut off then try your remote start. If the hood switch wasn't working properly it would honk 2times and not start.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the remote start wAs used twice in a row it won't start a third time until the key is cycled. Start vehicle with key shut off then try your remote start. If the hood switch wasn't working properly it would honk 2times and not start.

He said in a previous post that there was only 1 chirp, beep, honk. Any thoughts?

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I would start by starting the vehicle with the key. Then shut off the truck and see if it works. One honk usually means it been started remotely more then twice. The actual remote start antenna is located behind the glove box. It has one single wire coming out of it and it goes to the TPMS module.

OP
OP
O

Ozraptor

Reaction score
Ok so after 4 days of not working, it randomely started to work today. I am guessing it will happen again but for now i can't really take it to dealer since its working. I will keep you guys posted if it happens again and what the dealer say about it.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the remote / remote start is working correctly. you would hear 2 chirps / beeps if the system was not working. Check the message center (DIC) to see if the remote start is on:

Start vehicle
go to settings,
select: vehicle,
select: remote start,
select: duration,
(is "off" checked?)
select: 5, 10, or 15 mins.
turn vehicle off
try remote start

How come sometimes my remote start does not start the car, but makes the horn honk once? I try over and over and just get a chirp. Then I get in and start it and after that remote start works fine. I use to think it was because a door was ajar, but it works with the doors open. I think it happens when I mess up the sequence and try again, but I have never nailed it down. Thoughts?