Remote Start location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozraptor

Reaction score
Guys, My remote start stopped working out of the blue. I have read through all of past post suggestions but havent been able to figure out the issue. Anyone figure out how to fix this or do i need to take it to dealer? Also, just to be sure can someone tell me where is it located? I think i got it but not 100 percent sure. See attach picture .

Attachments

• Remote Start.jpg
    Remote Start.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 277

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it to the dealership. The switch in your pic will prevent the remote start from working when the hood is open. Try closing the hood then try the remote start. Check your fuse. Take it to the dealership.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or you can leave hood open, depress switch.. Then remote the truck.. If it starts, then release switch, it should immediately stop the engine and alarm should go off it is correctly working.

-Greg

OP
OP
O

Ozraptor

Reaction score
Or you can leave hood open, depress switch.. Then remote the truck.. If it starts, then release switch, it should immediately stop the engine and alarm should go off it is correctly working.

-Greg
I just tried this and didnt work. :(

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Take it to the dealership. The switch in your pic will prevent the remote start from working when the hood is open. Try closing the hood then try the remote start. Check your fuse. Take it to the dealership.

Do you know which fuse? I read through the fuse diagram and didnt see anything that would be related to remote start.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
What type of remote start do you have? Is it built into the key or a separate key fob? They are two different systems. Also when you try and remote start it how many times does the horn beep when it won't start? If you have a separate key fob based off of how many honks will tell you why it won't start.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the remote start module is located behind the glove box and short of checking for loose wires, I doubt it is servicable. Reffer to page 150 in your owners manual for remote start opperation, and reasons for it not to work. I would check that the system is on through the message center, under duration: 15min, 10min, 5min, off. Then close the hood and make sure it starts normally. Now, with the truck off, try the remote start: lock, start x2. What happens when you try using the remote start? nothing? 1 chirp? 2 chirps? do the parking lights come on? I also read that there is a 2 hr lockout / not verified.

OP
OP
O

Ozraptor

Reaction score
What type of remote start do you have? Is it built into the key or a separate key fob? They are two different systems. Also when you try and remote start it how many times does the horn beep when it won't start? If you have a separate key fob based off of how many honks will tell you why it won't start.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

I have the built it one. When i do it i get my lights flashing then a single honk after 5- 10 seconds.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like the remote / remote start is working correctly. you would hear 2 chirps / beeps if the system was not working. Check the message center (DIC) to see if the remote start is on:

Start vehicle
go to settings,
select: vehicle,
select: remote start,
select: duration,
(is "off" checked?)
select: 5, 10, or 15 mins.
turn vehicle off
try remote start

OP
OP
O

Ozraptor

Reaction score
It sounds like the remote / remote start is working correctly. you would hear 2 chirps / beeps if the system was not working. Check the message center (DIC) to see if the remote start is on:

Start vehicle
go to settings,
select: vehicle,
select: remote start,
select: duration,
(is "off" checked?)
select: 5, 10, or 15 mins.
turn vehicle off
try remote start

Sorry i forgot to mention that I already did check this earlier. i even chose the option to reset back to factory default.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have an idea!

What year is your raptor? It is probably covered under your warranty. I bet it is something simple.