Rear Wheel Well Liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My line-x guy didnt want to spray the wheel wells. Sounded like it may have just been a pain in the ass for him, but he actually had a Ram Rebel and he EVEN used the rustoleum stuff on his truck. Thats what he recommended I use. But he said will probably have to touch up or re-do every 2 years. So I am just waiting for liners.

A bit late to this party, but my local Line-X guy was the same. Dropped the truck off with the understanding they would take a look and assess, got a call a couple hours later saying they just weren't comfortable with masking around the shocks and taking the chance something could come loose during spraying it. While disappointed, I also appreciated them being straightforward on their feelings about it.

I'm waiting to see the Husky liners before doing something myself.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I emailed Husky liner last week. Here is the response I received.

"We are working on the wheel well liners and the mud guards for the 2017 Ford Raptor but they will not be available until middle of June.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you,"

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! Pushed back another month :(

Such is the way things go on a new platform. Comes with the territory I suppose.

Kinda funny though how we have a good amount of other bigger aftermarket stuff out for the gen 2 raptor- like custom bumpers for example, but the market still doesn't have wheel well liners.

crv

Reaction score
I emailed them last week as well. Sounds like they goofed on their patterns and didn't realize until afterwards:

We have sampled fitment patterns for the Wheel Well Guards and Mud Guards. The mud guard tooling should be back in the next couple of weeks – from there it will take 10-14 days to prep for the first run.

The Wheel Well Guards threw us a curve. We normally measure one side and then mirror that data to make the other side. This was not a good idea on the Raptor as it has staggered shocks and the shock accommodation on the “mirrored” side was incorrectly positioned. The pattern was changed and this tool in being built as well. Still we are likely a month or so out on it.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I undercoated mine the other day with some 3m Undercoating under $10 a can from Autozone. 1 can per side..........

File_000-vi.jpg

File_001-vi.jpg

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rustoleum aerosol undercoating, used 1 can per wheel well, removed wheel/tire. Thorough wash/dry, mask, spray. Very light texture (nothing like most spray-in bed liners). Would call it a matte black finish, not glossy (like some bed liners).
Trying to draw attention AWAY from the wheel wells, not TOWARD them. Helps the FOX shocks stand out better as well.

How is it holding up?

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If a linex dealer will not do it find another dealer. I had linex do the wheal wells and the bottom of the quarter panels done to the crease. No problem .no complaining