Rear Wheel Well Liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rustoleum aerosol undercoating, used 1 can per wheel well, removed wheel/tire. Thorough wash/dry, mask, spray. Very light texture (nothing like most spray-in bed liners). Would call it a matte black finish, not glossy (like some bed liners).
Trying to draw attention AWAY from the wheel wells, not TOWARD them. Helps the FOX shocks stand out better as well.

That looks great!

When it dries does it stay tacky like old undercoat used to or does it dry like spray paint? Wondering if crap will stick to it.

Do you think it will hold up to pressure washing the wheel wells? I do that frequently and wonder if this sticks well enough that the pressure washer won't blow it off.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heard nothing but good about this product. I intend to use it.

RaptorBox-500x500.jpg

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great!

When it dries does it stay tacky like old undercoat used to or does it dry like spray paint? Wondering if crap will stick to it.

Do you think it will hold up to pressure washing the wheel wells? I do that frequently and wonder if this sticks well enough that the pressure washer won't blow it off.

It is not tacky whatsoever - dries like spray paint.

Pressure washing - don't know - time will tell - haven't done it yet b/c I wanted to give it ample time to cure. I kinda figure if I blow some of it off, I will simply re-spray that area. I might be all wet - pun intended!

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great!

I know that I use the Rustleuom truck bed coating on my JK rear wheel wells. It dries like spray paint and it has held up to dirt, rock, and car washes. And if it flakes you just touch it up.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My line-x guy didnt want to spray the wheel wells. Sounded like it may have just been a pain in the ass for him, but he actually had a Ram Rebel and he EVEN used the rustoleum stuff on his truck. Thats what he recommended I use. But he said will probably have to touch up or re-do every 2 years. So I am just waiting for liners.