Rear travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much rear suspension travel can you get without cutting into the bed?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think it comes stock at 12 inches. but it all depends how much you want to spend......

Welcome to Triple-X Traction!

this is a shop close to where i am. they did some work on a vehicle that was in my shop. they can get you all kinds of travel without cutting into th bed

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so the more travle you have the less you need to know how to drive. or the faster you can go in all places.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
so the more travle you have the less you need to know how to drive. or the faster you can go in all places.

Actually opposite. More wheel travel means it is softer and will soak up bigger bumps. Then you get more droop or drop out in the rear which gives a rolly "jello" type feeling

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

18.5"

I have 21" of rear travel.

Are you giving your trucks suspension numbers ?

Stock is less and yes Rick (SPRSNK) has fiberglass bed sides

To OP why you need more rear travel ?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
18.5"

I have 21" of rear travel.

Can someone explain how anything over 18" is possible when you're mounting the shocks directly on the rear axle? I've been curious since seeing ricks and sodrtys travel numbers when they're only running 18" shocks. Not doubting just want to know how it works.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain how anything over 18" is possible when you're mounting the shocks directly on the rear axle? I've been curious since seeing ricks and sodrtys travel numbers when they're only running 18" shocks. Not doubting just want to know how it works.

I think what they are talking about is theoretical wheel travel measured from the hub at full compression and full droop with no shocks/leafs/springs.

Check out these pics( about the middle of the page )of the stock travel, wrong way.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f190/white-star-industries-raptor-race-rack-chase-rack-15849/

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fully compressed to bumpstop to fully extended is 11".. If measuring from ride height to bumpstop there is only 5" uptravel before hitting bumpstop.

-Greg