Rear defroster not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear defrost light doesn't work either. I'm not sure if the rear defrost actually works. After reading about the window breaking, I may just leave it too

Gilligan

Reaction score
I'd consider yourself lucky and leave it that way.. if you bought a used truck fair chance a previous owner disabled it.

dingo

Reaction score
I had the compressor and evaporator replaced during the first 3 years. The rear defroster button turns on once in like 200 attempts after replacing the evaporator as they had to remove the whole dash. May it be a connection issue or relay?

Last edited:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I had the compressor and evaporator replaced during the first 3 years. The rear defroster button turns on once in like 200 attempts after replacing the evaporator as they had to remove the whole dash. May it be a connection issue or relay?

You are vastly better off not using it. You risk a very expensive bill when it shatters.

dingo

Reaction score
You are vastly better off not using it. You risk a very expensive bill when it shatters.

I figure that labor alone will be a huge bill, I have extended warranty but even in the best case scenario that will mean being without the truck 2-3 days and living in FL there is not much use to it.Thanks for the reply.

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
happend to my 14, had to replace the window seems like a common problem on the f150 my dealer has done quit afew. i dont know the cost is was covered under warranty.

Tango_9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine stopped working, I opened and closed the rear window a few times and now it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk