Rear 2in flare mod for stock bedside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you added 2 inches to the stock flares by cutting them then adding more plastic? Or did you cut two inches of metal off the bedsides were the flare mounts to raising it 2 inches?

If you made the flares 2 inches wider wouldn't it look kinda off with glass fenders in the front seeing as most of the fiberglass fenders have smaller flares than the stock ones do or should I say the part that looks like flares lol

To me this would give the truck a rack look like the bush waker fenders they put on lifted f150's

But this is just my opinion and I'm only one man with one taste in style there could be to a of other guys who love that look! But me I would rather have the fender sticking out instead of some plastic flare sticking out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 236

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you added 2 inches to the stock flares by cutting them then adding more plastic? Or did you cut two inches of metal off the bedsides were the flare mounts to raising it 2 inches?

If you made the flares 2 inches wider wouldn't it look kinda off with glass fenders in the front seeing as most of the fiberglass fenders have smaller flares than the stock ones do or should I say the part that looks like flares lol

To me this would give the truck a rack look like the bush waker fenders they put on lifted f150's

But this is just my opinion and I'm only one man with one taste in style there could be to a of other guys who love that look! But me I would rather have the fender sticking out instead of some plastic flare sticking out

From the sounds of the first post it makes the stock flares thinner and gives it the 2" lift to match the front aftermarket glass. I could be wrong though but that was my impression.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok disregard that last post! Your making the flares smaller not larger got it! I read the thread wrong the first time had to go and reread it haha my bad! I must not have read the part were you cut out 2" then weld the cut pieces together making the flare smaller and doing that raises the flare a little as well right?

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
latex_example_math.png

X2.

One for each side.

Last edited:

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KHCDave,
Please post finished pics!!!
i have been planning Botechs for a few months, but can't get stock looking digital mud graphics to make the rear look like it does now. This may solve that!
:pepper::pepper::pepper:

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ok- to clear up a few questions. this will make your stock fenders look and have the same clearance as boatec bedsides. Boatecs have 2in up and 1in out so they are flared out some. This mod is 2 in up 0 out but the bedsides can be pushed out slighty also. Just like when you install besides you will remove the entire inner support, then remake a new lip for the flare to bolt to. Small struts will be added to support the bedside again. I will get everyone pics this week on how I do it.

The flares have a 2in strip removed from the middle all the way around- then i peice them back togther.

BTW I love the look of glass bedsides. I just want everyone to have a more economical option and also have the option to keep the factory bedsides

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
heres a truck with boatec bedsides so you can see the flares now look similar

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 319