Rattle From Center Console Fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I go over large bumps, like RR tracks and holes, I'm now getting an annoying rattle from right around the cupholders in the center console. If I put a little side pressure on the console plastic on the right side, it doesn't rattle. I was wondering if anybody else has run into this and how you fixed it, before I pull it apart. No goats were harmed in the typing of this question. Thanks.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
When I go over large bumps, like RR tracks and holes, I'm now getting an annoying rattle from right around the cupholders in the center console. If I put a little side pressure on the console plastic on the right side, it doesn't rattle. I was wondering if anybody else has run into this and how you fixed it, before I pull it apart. No goats were harmed in the typing of this question. Thanks.
Maybe one of those little round goat turds finally hardened up and is rolling around?

The seat on my '18 would rub the console and make noise. I hope you get it fingered out.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this on my gen 2. It ended up being one of the plastic panels on the passenger side of the center console. This panel was between the glove box and the center console down towards the floor. I found it by pressing around on the panels until I got one to tap against the other. I cut a really small piece of velcro and slid it between the two panels and never heard the sound again. You couldnt see it at all and it solved the problem.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its easy, but nervewracking popping all the clips off and sliding it out to add foam or velcro to help.
I replaced mine with a CF one and doesnt creak for the fun of it anymore, would bother the hell out of me.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally found and fixed the rattle that's been driving me insane. The base mounting bolts to my E&G Gun Vault (which is really nice) were slightly loose. I got it from @Nick@Apollo-Optics.

It was one of those rattles that the noise projected around and made it REALLY hard to find. It would only rattle occasionally over stuff like big, high, RR tracks, but any kind of rattle in one of my vehicles makes me nuts. There is a large metal plate that goes under the console, these bolts go through the safe bottom, through the console bottom, then attach to the plate. Easy fix, tough as hell to find what it was! :banghead:

Last edited: