Rate these.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have had experience with multiple setups - can you help list which exhausts fall into these ratings?

0 - Stock Exhaust
1 - Subtle Volume - Quiet at idle but loud at WOT
2 - Loud Volume - Loud idle and hard to hear phone/radio inside the cab at WOT
3 - Hear you coming a mile or two away

So something like this (I'm making this up since I've only heard via YouTube)
1 - Magnaflow, Corsa
2 - Borla, SW, MBRP
3 - CherryBomb, Straight Pipe, Flowmaster

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's hard to compare unless you've personally heard the different ones in person.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
stainless works long tubes plus corsa cat back is fun at idle, can hear in cabin. Second you hit the gas people get very scared... Corsa stock id say is more of a 2 than a 1. It is sick! Just ask SQAudiophilie I convinced him to get it and hes obcessed. Once you go corsa you are hooked. No drone even with my LTs now. It is just such a unique sound that you aren't going to hear on a truck. IMHO...

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, the longer the muffler the quieter it will be. Longer mufflers also flow better. for example, you can get a 15-20 inch muffler and it will be relatively loud. Not as much at idle as much as wide open. Usually creates drone sound as well.
Replace it with a 30 inch muffler and drone will usually go away. Idle is quiet and relative moderate loudness at wide open.
The make of the muffler only creates a tone that each company creates. Like the dfference between a rough rumble, VS, smooth low rumble VS. formula type sound.
It also makes a difference if your running a true dual with 2 mufflers or 2 pipes into 1 exiting. 3 inch pipe vs. dual 2 inch.

Your chart should maybe read something like.

1. magnaflow 30" muffler with 3" pipe 2 into 1.
2. dual magnaflow 16" w/ single 2.5 inch X2 or flowmaster or borla or ?
3. Spintech 12" with dual 2.5 in and single 3 out.

Just my $.02 from having several combinations over the years and 3 with truck I have now.
I have ended up with 1. above and am happy and have gotten best mileage with that combo.

Mil T