Raptor tearing it up on pavement at SEMA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, yeap on ice is very noticieable the wheel spin to note tcs and ECM is still working.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Sometimes i use the rear diff lock on the street with tcs on advance track, only you need to do is to give throttle on 90 dregree turns
being locked on pavement will destroy your rear end

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is only part time 4wd. so it is not good to use on any kind of paved road surface. dirt, mud, smow, gravel, etc. all ok, but when you are on a surface that doesnt not allow each individual wheel to turn separately, then you will damage something

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I got to see those trucks up close and chat with the drivers a bit. The one in the video was VOREs truck. There was an issue or toe after Deegans little drive some on posted up last week. The other ones were new stock 2013s directly from Ford. They were beat!!! The rear end was puking fluid the front end was all bent and the whole truck smelled like burnt oil. The guys stopped using the locker after the other trucks were taken away on flat beds with the rear end in pieces.

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can totally disable T/C if you are in off-road mode and hold the T/C switch for 5-7 seconds. If you just hold the switch down for the 5-7 seconds it says its disabled but its still there. Off-road mode totally disables it on both my 12, and my new 13 (and T/C disabled).

Last edited:

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can totally disable T/C if you are in off-road mode and hold the T/C switch for 5-7 seconds. If you just hold the switch down for the 5-7 seconds it says its disabled but its still there. Off-road mode totally disables it on both my 12, and my new 13.

not true for any year.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
One cannot completely override traction control or yaw control on a 2011 either.
Beyond a certain yaw angle, even in offroad with advancetrac disabled, it'll still try to save you from yourself. Which has almost actually killed me on occasion. Thanks ford.
Same thing for traction control, it'll allow a certain amount of slippage, but beyond a certain wheel speed differential over x amount of time, it'll throttle back on its own.
Throw the rear end up on sturdy jack stands, throw it in gear, and hit the gas (redneck style !) if you don't believe me...

It will let you still do a mild drift at speed as in the above picture though.

I keep picturing the scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.:lol2: