Raptor tearing it up on pavement at SEMA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can not fully disable traction control on the 12 and 13's regardless of how long you push and hold the button. the only way is to pull the abs fuse, which disables other things as well. im wondering if thats what they did, or if they found a way to retain everything yet remove tc.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One cannot completely override traction control or yaw control on a 2011 either.
Beyond a certain yaw angle, even in offroad with advancetrac disabled, it'll still try to save you from yourself. Which has almost actually killed me on occasion. Thanks ford.
Same thing for traction control, it'll allow a certain amount of slippage, but beyond a certain wheel speed differential over x amount of time, it'll throttle back on its own.
Throw the rear end up on sturdy jack stands, throw it in gear, and hit the gas (redneck style !) if you don't believe me...

It will let you still do a mild drift at speed as in the above picture though.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can not fully disable traction control on the 12 and 13's regardless of how long you push and hold the button. the only way is to pull the abs fuse, which disables other things as well. im wondering if thats what they did, or if they found a way to retain everything yet remove tc.

The tuner told me it can be disabled with the tune, mine is a 13 model.
Or he is wrong?

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

One cannot completely override traction control or yaw control on a 2011 either.
Beyond a certain yaw angle, even in offroad with advancetrac disabled, it'll still try to save you from yourself. Which has almost actually killed me on occasion. Thanks ford.
Same thing for traction control, it'll allow a certain amount of slippage, but beyond a certain wheel speed differential over x amount of time, it'll throttle back on its own.
Throw the rear end up on sturdy jack stands, throw it in gear, and hit the gas (redneck style !) if you don't believe me...

It will let you still do a mild drift at speed as in the above picture though.

All the mornings heading to work on a U turn, i do a power brake turn by anabling the advance track. Pushed the brake push the throttle tires slips a bit and then let it go slide the turn driffting.
Mine is at mid perch with swaybar off, so is a bit scarry.
My truck is a 13 with a custom tune on it.

Last edited:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your tuner is mistaken. The traction control and stability control can not be altered by tuning.
If it were so someone would be making a ton of money with their tunes...

A quick little flip to bring the rear end around isn't the issue, that's doable. It's high yaw angles or sustained wheel spin. You might not even notice it throttling back because of the momentum and "slip" you are already carrying in a quick little u turn.
I drive on ice 6 months of the year, the traction control's behaviour is pretty well known to me at this point.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your tuner is mistaken. The traction control and stability control can not be altered by tuning.

A quick little flip to bring the rear end around isn't the issue, that's doable. It's high yaw angles or sustained wheel spin. You might not even notice it throttling back because of the momentum and "slip" you are already carrying in a quick little u turn.
I drive on ice 6 months of the year, the traction control's behaviour is pretty well known to me at this point.

That picture was full lock third gear limiter. And I looped it twice before that shot. ORM on, TCS, advance trac and trailer sway off. No pulled fuses. There was no help coming from the truck. The only time its ever intervened at all is while trying to foot brake to push entry out farther, and all that did was turn the locker off.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok, yeap on ice is very noticieable the wheel spin to note tcs and ECM is still working.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Sometimes i use the rear diff lock on the street with tcs on advance track, only you need to do is to give throttle on 90 dregree turns