Raptor Stolen in the Redondo/Torrence CA Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am with State Farm and once I had my car broken into and my entire stereo system stolen. Statefarm asked if I had receipts, which I did. Not only did they reimburse 100% but they also gave me the tax I paid on it.

BajaChaser

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case anyone was curious, I thought I'd update the forum as to the status of my stolen truck and the outcome with the insurance company(AAA).
So, no sign of the truck at all. I was all over the Baja Peninsula for the past week and although I saw a lot of Raptors, none were mine.
I got the truck through Robyn at Redlands ford and paid $500 over invoice, I think it was $49,575 . I added RPG stage 3, Walker Evans With Duratracs, and custom SiC HiD's (about 7k in aftermarkets). AAA valued the truck at $58,938.15 with the upgades+tax+reg, paid it off and cut me a check for the rest.
I'm not complaining at all. I'm out a little $ but now I get a '13 and get to change the color from silver to white.
I ordered a new one from Robyn again and now the wait begins!

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great to hear! I'm still surprised that they can steal it so easy, with the chipped keys and all?

So the thieves just need the right laptop software/hardware and they can easily override the coded ECM protection?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. its that easy. i am working on trying to find a way to have a hardwired starter disable without using any extra switches or buttons.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a highly modified STI years ago, with $15K+ in aftermarket parts...

I used to remove the fuse for the fuel pump every night, haha.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Jimmy Jammers. They prevent the lock cylinder from being punched into the door.

Gaining entry with stealth is their tactic, once they shatter the glass it's a 50/50 chance of a shootout (which the coward theifs avoid at almost any cost).

Sounds like GPS/Cell would have also helped unless they park it in a parking garage 4 stories down (until they can get it towed and containered out).

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about routing the starter wire through one of the upfitter switches, they are already there??? No new switch needed... Put a switch in line with the OBD port wiring, so they cannot acess that way....
Just thinking in reverse order of bad guys...