Raptor Sticker for Tailgate Ford Oval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Run R-Wipe&Clean on your computer and you can get back on as a visitor.

no, he banned my IP address. i would need a new IP to even access the site. there's ways around it and trust me this isn't my first IP ban but it's not worth the effort.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I might need my PMs from the BIRDMAN account since Friday will mark 3 weeks since I returned my tuner to JDM and I still haven't gotten a refund...only excuses. JDM= slime balls

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i talked to Patriot Decals like 2 or 3 months ago, I wanted to do some semi-custom emblem graphics for my tailgate and steering wheel..... they were very friendly, but once I told them what I want, they emailed me back stating that they had gotten an email from Ford's legal department warning them about using the Raptor logos. Obviously the legal-eagles scared them enough, because they told me they're not able to make anything that resembles FoMoCo's logos anymore.

Ya, we did a huge group buy on overlays on the Harley truck forum and Ford's attorney's sent the guy a cease and desist letter....but not before we got our over lays. I love Ford but they tend to get a little over zealous when it comes to tuff like this, they once filed a suit against another forum for making a calender using pictures of their members personal mustangs. The suit was actually dropped but just an example of what Ford will do.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been there and gotten cease and desist letters from a very powerful and popular vehicle manufacturer. And I ceased and desisted :) as I didn't like the alternatives.

I will say that I agree with the manufacturers (I don't think they're "over zealous") because they have every right AND they are obligated to protect their intellectual property and copyrighted material. It's who they are - it's what differentiates them and they should stop people from copying them whether or not they're making a profit on them (and they usually are).

If you have IP you sure as heck wouldn't want anyone else copying it and using it however they want to. A company's logos and IP is who they are.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been there and gotten cease and desist letters from a very powerful and popular vehicle manufacturer. And I ceased and desisted :) as I didn't like the alternatives.

I will say that I agree with the manufacturers (I don't think they're "over zealous") because they have every right AND they are obligated to protect their intellectual property and copyrighted material. It's who they are - it's what differentiates them and they should stop people from copying them whether or not they're making a profit on them (and they usually are).

If you have IP you sure as heck wouldn't want anyone else copying it and using it however they want to. A company's logos and IP is who they are.

So it's okay if Ford sues you right now for your signature pictures you created using your own truck?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
his signature pic isn't for sale.

So it's your vehicle as along as you don't profit by it? Ford even sued a forum for using the name Ford as part of the name. I'm all for protecting your brand but suing the only people buying your products in a rescission doesn't sound like solid business plan. Anyhow, Ford dropped the suit on the calenders, I guess they felt it was bad taste to sue someone for selling pictures of their own car.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So it's your vehicle as along as you don't profit by it? Ford even sued a forum for using the name Ford as part of the name. I'm all for protecting your brand but suing the only people buying your products in a rescission doesn't sound like solid business plan. Anyhow, Ford dropped the suit on the calenders, I guess they felt it was bad taste to sue someone for selling pictures of their own car.

i'm with you but don't blow it out of proportion. if someone is directly profiting from unauthorized use of your product, logo, brand name, emblems etc...it's copyright infringement...among other things but I'm no lawyer. banana time :banana: