How much sag on truck should I expect with a jet ski trailer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONDOME

Reaction score
I am debating how much drop I need for a 24 Raptor R. Looking to get the B&W Tow and Stow, I measured a 24 Raptor on 37” and got 24.75” from ground to inside top of hitch receiver. Should I go with 3” drop, or 5” drop?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius that you want to tow with.

How heavy is your trailer? 1 jet ski shouldn't make your truck sag.

Park your trailer on flat ground. Measure the trailer front and back to level it out. Then measure for your hitch drop. You want to tow your trailer level.

OP
OP
IRONDOME

IRONDOME

Reaction score
Haven’t got it yet, but wanted to get the hitch trailer ahead. I am guessing the 24 with 37” I measured should be the same height. I really like the 3” drop version, but not sure it will be enough

OP
OP
IRONDOME

IRONDOME

Reaction score
I am leaning towards the 3”. But it will seat at about 21.57” in the lowest position, trailer coupler (bottom end) from ground is 18”. Will it make the trailer nose up? Hard to believe trailer will make any sag on truck

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I had to google "tow and stow" hitch. If your worried, get the 5" and adjust up as needed. If you want to save some money, get a 3" and 5" fixed units for less $$. You're overthinking this.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're overthinking this.
And asking the same question twice

I wouldn't invest in anything until I had actual numbers. I have (hopefully) learned to stop buying shit for the truck I don't have as something ALWAYS seems to change...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Haven’t got it yet, but wanted to get the hitch trailer ahead. I am guessing the 24 with 37” I measured should be the same height. I really like the 3” drop version, but not sure it will be enough

Wait until you have the truck in hand and can measure correctly.