Raptor Resale Diminish with New F150?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats right no aluminum frame just aluminum panels which Ford claims will be stronger.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new F150 may hurt the resale of the current F150, but I highly doubt it'll hurt the current Raptor. If they do build a new Raptor, then it may just a little bit, but the annual price hikes, and the price increases due to the new technology will still keep our truck's resale in line...My opinion...:pepper:

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought about that also. I came up with the fact that I don’t know if Ford will make a gen 2 Raptor, let alone one I would buy. Resale value is high now and I think it will still be strong even if a gen 2 comes out. Hell…..I sold 2 03 cobra’s and could have gotten the same amount I sold them for 4-5 years after I did. The way I look at is I already got mine about 5k under sticker. If a 2016 comes out and I end up selling mine for 5-6k under what I paid for it 2 years later I will be a happy man. Order one near invoice and you are already ahead!

CodeRed

Reaction score
Newer doesn't always mean better these days. Manufacturers are being forced to meet Cafe restrictions, so need to make serious compromises to obtain higher fuel consumption etc. I purchased a Prosche 997 GTS knowing that the latest 991 would be hitting the mkt soon, now there are mag articles about why the last gen P car is a real keeper. Same reason I am buying a 6.2, post cafe it will be all about smallwr engines w twin turbos, etc. But what about engine longevity and will take 1-2 years to wrk out the bugs or maybe even no raptor at all..then it becomes really special.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All really good points. I hadn't thought about the engine change being a big issue, but I, and most power guys, really like large displacement motors, and ours will probably be the last of those for these trucks!

Also, like you all said...Since many of these trucks have been sold at or above MSRP, that helps the resale of the used market a little bit - especially those of us that got them around invoice...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some Raptors with STEEL frames have problems with bending. NO WAY in hell can an ALUMINUM frame truck handle what some of these truck go though now. I doubt it if Ford can produce TWO different frames (one steel and one aluminum) on the same assembly line. JMO

Aw jeez. Where do you guys get this "information?!f"

Aluminum FRAMES?! :suicide:

The Raptor will hold its value better than most other vehicles be it steel or aluminum. If you want the most awesome pickup available in the world get it. Otherwise get a Nissan GTR because it's a "sports car."

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't worry about resale, because, unless you have a crystal ball, there is no predicting it. I buy vehicles that do what I need, or want, them to do. The Raptor is a special one, because I drive a lot, and seldom do I go somewhere without a positive comment. Whether it is people pulling up beside me to take a picture, or someone commenting on it as I cruise through a neighborhood, or even the head whip of a teenager as I drive by, I am not offended by any of it.
This is the first vehicle I have had that I have received that sort of reaction from. It is pretty interesting.

Iron Creek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We normally go through vehicles every couple years as well. That was until the Raptor. We'd be keeping the 11 if we knew for a fact we'd be able to replace it sometime down the road. Since it looks like 14 might be that last for at least a couple years we decided to order one. Funny thing is we stopped thinking resale...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors have held their value due to low supply and continued high demand.

Ford ratcheted up their production rate but I'm not sure anyone's seen a decrease in resale value.

Predicting resale value when the aluminized Raptor ("Gen II") does come out (and it WILL) is difficult at best since the supply of steel skinned Raptors will be finite and the demand for them may not subside as some/many may want the Gen I Raptors. On the other hand, demand may (probably IMO) shift to Gen II and that would drop the resale price but by then used Raptor prices (Gen I) will be lower making them more accessible to the used car buyer market which could drive up the demand and value of the Gen I's.

Clear as mud, right?

Last edited:

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was speculation that raptor resale would diminish a few years back after that one dude bent his frame from off road abuse, and that never happened. It's anyone's guess but I'm sure resale will be fine due to supply demand like was posted above.