Raptor Fail...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
between the prices of the cars, the taxes and the fuel prices, Nova Scotia sounds like a nightmare

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bs taxes !

Hey Swoop!

It's mostly $$$. I have a nasty trade. I currently have a 2010 FX4 that has 38,000mi on it. I can use my x-plan on the FX4, but not on the Raptor.
$#!@ !!! My dealer has 4 2011's on his lot and a 2012 in Sliver (no options). But If I'm going to be spending $70,000 +, I want it to be an ordered truck. Which brings the tally up to $84,500. Don't forget, our gov't has 15% tax on Vehicles.

I have tried everything. Even financing the damn thing over 84mos. It's still $1,050mth.

Lastly, I put on 35,000mi to 37,500mi a year. In a Raptor...it's a LOT of Fuel.

Also, it should be known that our furl price is $1.30/L OR $5.20Gal.

Interesting FYI...I drove an Screw FX4 and an Screw Raptor today. Both on a 50mi Loop. The eco was 10% better on fuel...but that was it. However, with the amount of driving I do, it will amount to about $1,000 to $1,200 a year. ... I have no idea what broken in engines difference will be.

I know that is a LONG winded answer...but I have been trying for months. I think it's time to just say ... I'm Done.

Don't get me wrong, the FX4 is a Gorgeous Truck and I am sure I will be very Happy with it. I keep telling myself that it's olnly 14ftlbs torque difference. But when you calcualte the FX4's 3.73 vs the Raptor's 4.11. ... Nevermind, I'll start crying again. LOL!

Jeff.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I was living in Markham up until a year ago. I wonder in the 2% tax difference would matter. LOL!

Did your dealer take any $$$ off the MSRP?

Jeff.

Somebodies gotta pay for that FREE health care up there ! :Grenade:

RaptorRexCullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought from the states. Saved alot of money. Plus I planned it into a holiday too. Fly to vegas (shipped my truck there), party, drive home through the dunes, sightsee, etc. It was pretty good. And as for the 2010 fx4, sell that here. Probably get a better deal.

Just a thought

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn! well that sucks then!!

why did they say that? those bastards.

If I had to guess, I would say that Ford dealerships in Canada have to pay for SVT licences in order to sell SVT vehicles and with that comes a guaranteed sales area. Also, vehicles sold in Canada are set up differently than US vehicles. Block heaters, daytime running lights, etc.

Banned
Reaction score
The block heaters / DRL are not an issue at all. Yes there are specific SVT dealers, but I don't see why one person can't sell to Canadians (randy) when an dealer can as many Canadians buy their raptors down south.

Maybe if our pricing wasn't so crazy on SVT vehicles they wouldn't see us going south to buy em lol.

PS94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds steep...I just bought mine, in Oil Rich (AKA **** the consumer) Alberta, and paid $66,000 or so, out the door, for my 2012, with all options, decals, accents, etc, save for tailgate step and factory command start...
Make a holiday out of it, and buy a raptor elsewhere....The resale on a Raptor (if you ever sell it!) will be way better than any regular pick up...Look at the 2nd gen Lightning, vs a regular F150 of that year....