Raptor diet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i use stainless steel and stainless steel mesh to catch it all!!! flows for instance, what a paper filter flows 3 gals a stainless steel filter flows 20 gals/min.all paper let up too 300u of trash through especially when gets hot...

Is this stainless steel & SS mesh filter the Ford Racing oil filter GTS Raptor is talking about?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tommie, is that the same one you're referring to?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

ben-stein.jpg

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No... the Ford Racing filter is not SS mesh...

SS mesh filters are something I've only used on motorcycles... one benefit being you can clean and reuse the same filter many, many times.

here's a link to a company that makes them... and yes, they do have a version that would fit the Raptor.

http://www.kandpengineering.com/

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pennzoil Ultra 5W-20 full Syn in the Raptor with an FL-820S filter
Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 Full Syn in the GT500 and FL-820S filter (FYI, Shell is sending me TWO CASES of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-50 for FREE to try in this car!!)
Pennzoil Ultra 5W-30 full syn in the FX35 with Mobil 1/Pur1 Filter
Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 full syn with Pur1 filter on GTR1400
Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 full syn with Pur1 filter on TMAX500

Used Mobil1 Syn for the past twenty years and figured it's time for a change.

Still use M1 in diffs and trans though. (except for RP Synchromax in the GT500 TR-6060 and Amsoil in the FX35 trans)

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rotella is an good choice. Excellent oil at a good price IMHO... I use it in my motorcycles.... one of the best oils rated for wet clutches without using high-priced (and often not so great) "motorcycle oils".

Still using the Motorcraft semi-syn in the Raptor though.