Raptor decal Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Late to the party here, but we have two different options for treating and protecting your decals.

Super VRT is the most popular choice. It's a water-based dressing that will leave a satin finish on the vinyl. Offers SPF35 protection, is water resistant so it will last through a few washes, and can be used on tires, plastics, rubber, etc.

Quick Sealant is also an option. It's an aerosol sealant, designed for painted surfaces. However, since it's optically clear and leaves no residue behind, it's great for treating matte vinyl.

i use adams VRT. i love it. lasts a long time. i found the key to using it on matte vinyl is to lay it on there and spread it as evenly as possible. then move on and use VRT on other things like the tires and and trim. after that go back to the matte vinyl and hit it with a microfiber cloth. that will knock down the shine a bit to give it a more satin look rather than glossy and also evens out the shine and wont leave any blotchy or streaky look. this stuff really beads the water and leaves a lasting shine. works great on soft bed covers too

i used the quick sealant also. that looks good as well and absolutely protects the surface but doesnt look as good to me as the VRT.

with that said i have tried using quick sealant and then the following week after a wash used the VRT over top of the existing sealant and that seemed to leave a long lasting finish and protection. not sure if it really did or was a placebo effect....

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I zaino right over my factory hood decal. Z5 or Z2 (i usually do 1 coat of each) and they look brand spanking new. Truck is 2-1/2 years old, outside 24/7/365, 30k miles, and still looks like new.

I'm in search now for something for the plastics that are starting to get dull/faded after 2-1/2 years. My bedrails and mirrors are looking great still, but my bumper pad is starting to look a little whitish, and the door handles are getting very dull. I do NOT want a weekly/monthly patch of using a vinyl trim dressing on them all the time. I want a 6+ month at a time solution that restores the oils in the plastics so they stay looking dark and new for 6+ months at a time. I'm trying "Black Wow" right now, it was like $30 for 2 oz on Autopia Carcare. It made a HUGE difference on first application, and the trim looks brand new again, but we'll see how long it lasts.