Raptor buying experience in Atlanta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelseyw7788

Reaction score
I thought I would post my experience because I previously asked if I should pay $5k over at a dealership an hour away from Atlanta. I found a dealer who said they were doing MSRP.. dropped off the check. Got a call saying actually it would be 10k over. I found another dealership willing to do MSRP... dropped off that check and then got a call that it would be 10k over as well! Finally found one that had a higher allocation (7) willing to do MSRP but with some non optional options... like ceramic window coatings, etc. I’m going to take that option mainly due to fear that they’ll run out. Good luck out there!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would post my experience because I previously asked if I should pay $5k over at a dealership an hour away from Atlanta. I found a dealer who said they were doing MSRP.. dropped off the check. Got a call saying actually it would be 10k over. I found another dealership willing to do MSRP... dropped off that check and then got a call that it would be 10k over as well! Finally found one that had a higher allocation (7) willing to do MSRP but with some non optional options... like ceramic window coatings, etc. I’m going to take that option mainly due to fear that they’ll run out. Good luck out there!
What a nightmare, did you have any choice words for those first two dealers upon departing, lol.

Pinned

Reaction score
I think both of those experiences are worthy of an honest Yelp/Google review. That's a bait and switch - if you signed a sales agreement before they asked for extra money then it's illegal too.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look at large Metro areas in the South (and all of California, it seems) and shake my head at what people are willing to pay for Raptors. I guess there are times when living in B.F.E. has its benefits.

No surprise that Ford has increased pricing so much with this generation when you look at it through this lens. When you have probably 25% of Raptors being sold at thousands of dollars over sticker price, it is inevitable.

I've said it multiple times here but it bears repeating: the Raptor is great at $65,000 or so. $80,000 plus additional mark-up is insane.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve said it in another thread, these ppl who keep saying the dealership has agreed to sell them a Raptor at MSRP could be in for a ride. Idk why we except such a hot newly released vehicle to be sold for at or under MSRP. That’s not how it normally works.... it never has lol.

I am willing to bet most of the dealerships that have told customers they will sell at msrp won’t do it when the time comes , the person who ordered the truck will think they are teaching the dealership a lesson by walking away not knowing there is a buyer for the truck paying 5-10k ADM .

OP
OP
K

Kelseyw7788

Reaction score
There was nothing specifying the price in writing but I really wish they had just told me before I drove to both places... and got my hopes up! I think I will leave some Yelp reviews, but I’m sure I’m not the only one who will be duped!

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if they were upfront but the honest truth is they have to show they have to show they have sold units . Keep in mind the dealership does get penalized for having a “ sold unit” sit in the shoe floor but not enough to stop them from doing it.