Rant!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I was lucky enough to get the call on Tuesday that my 13 Raptor was in! I damn near pooped my pants I was so happy haha. Ran to the bank got my check ready go to the dealer and there it was! I was so happy to see it!

My dealer is great they are very helpful and all that raz the Truck came with 40 miles already on it, I was a little tweaked about that but hey, what am I gona do? They swear the 40 miles were for "testing" Now...here comes my beef...

To start the bezel around my shifter has a nice gouge in it. Dealer caught it took pictures already has that part on the way which was great...

I take it home drive it around a while you know the normal stuff, I notice my back drivers side window is really straining to go up when its put all the way down....OKAY that doesn't bother me too much you know Stuff happens.

Heres the real upset! 40 miles on this truck mind you!!! Im driving home from work and I start to notice some rough idle...Im not thinking anything of it untill I get off the bridge and stop to get the Friday Pizza my dad who was with me gets out of the truck and he says WHAT THE **** Is that noise!?
I get out and I hear it too the freaking engine sounds like a damn sowing machine! Im pissed. Like beyond livid.....Sooooo I calm down a bit and me being me. Go investigating. I had put a oil catch cup on my intake now I KNOW for a fact this wasn't causing a problem. But the truck is going back to the dealer so I took it off put everything back to normal.... Now Im seeing the problem....two Plug wires DANGLING OFF THE PLUGS!!!!!! WTF! Put it all back together and now its fine. Just really burns me up /endrant!

THANKS FOR READING! =P

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the first time the plug wires either came loose during assembly or weren't put on correctly in the first place. Shit happens.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
Not the first time the plug wires either came loose during assembly or weren't put on correctly in the first place. Shit happens.

dealer don't touch my truck
they ignorant on the subject
pizza boy makes pizzas, I'm the only guy working on my truck
who wants to drive 100 mph offroad far from home knowing some clowns at the dealership put the lugs on for ya

:perkinswhatever:

MudButt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who wants to drive 100 mph offroad far from home knowing some clowns at the dealership put the lugs on for ya

i don't....i'm sorry.....what?!?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, whatever works for you.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"dealer don't touch my truck
who wants to drive 100 mph offroad far from home knowing some clowns at the dealership put the lugs on for ya"

I think what he's saying is "If you want something done right do it yourself" although I'm pretty sure you would miss something as it rolled down the assembly line.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a rule long ago, whether a new OR used vehicle purchase. The very first thing I do is go through ALL of the maintenance stuff. Making sure ALL the fluids are properly topped off, plug wires and other similar stuff is tight. I even go through and check little things like lug nut torque, etc. It pays to go through them like that, when you consider how many people had their hands in building them and then take into account the fact that the dealership is suppose to check stuff like that during their "dealer prep", it always pays to go behind them and make certain they did their job right. Who knows, the tech doing that stuff may have had a bad day and simply didn't feel like doing his job the day your truck ran through his bay.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I doubt that was the dealers fault. Upsetting but I don't see them fiddling with plug wires. They should do an inspection so in surprised no one heard that and investigated.