Range on OEM Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to get a ballpark idea of how long the OEM tires will last. I live in a flat-ground part of the world so there won't be any wild jumps or ridiculousness involved. This is my first new vehicle purchase (ordered today) so I doubt I get too crazy with it. Also, I am mostly in a company vehicle so in the past I've only been putting around 5-7k miles a year on my personal. I am sure that number will go up some, but probably not over 10k a year.

I know tires can vary wildly, but I'm just trying to get an idea on whether the tires will be good for 10k or 30k. My younger brother had to get new tires on his 370Z at the 11k mark for instance. My company vehicle (F250) lasted about 30k, but the tires were highway tread and atrocious in snow and dirt.

Anybody offer up a prospective idea? Many thanks for any replies.

Banned
Reaction score
i cant say personally, but id imagine it would depend on how much you go offroad with em. if its mostly street you could probably get at least 30K out of em. if its mostly offroad, well, it depends how hard on them you are. but id hope they last longer than 10K

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got new shoes at 37,000 and could have easily gone over 40,000 even chunked up.
Of course the Toyos are beginning to wear and chunk at 20,000 and I don't think they will last as long as the stockers.

OP
OP
C

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they'll last me at least a couple years. That's what I was looking for. Thanks a lot to those who replied back!

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine at 42,000 and still had another 10, 000 I'd say. Just got a deal literally too good to pass on.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its hard to say because there are a few factors that need to be added to the equasion. how hard you accelerate, how hard you brake, the outside temp, the tire temp, and the conditions of the road. all of these will affect how many miles you will get on your set of tires

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm at 45k but I really need new tires. My buddy has over 55k on his bfg a/t's on his tahoe and they still look pretty good. He baby's his truck big time though.

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best tires I ever owned. Got 50k miles out of them in six years. Only changed them because of cracking in the tread.