Radius bend in LED bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PropDr, the circuit boards are going to be your limitation. I'm sure they could bend those as well, but it's just going to make the entire process more expensive by having to use custom circuit boards.

Also, what radius do they bend them to? A bend that works for one application may not be a "one size fits all" solution for others.

That's what the straight bar brings to the table, it's universal. It may not be the ideal shape, but you can use it on everything.

For one, standard circuit boards are bendable (especially if you are only looking are a minor bend that would be possible for an aluminum extrusion)
If you are looking for a more extreme bend you can use individual boards for each LED.
A manufacturer can also specify pre-bend boards or a flexible matrix.
An alternative would be a multi section bar that would pivot at the front.

OP
OP
R

Represent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my search I've found that its been done. Not sure if it's custom or not

398052_2498830226192_3608716_n.jpg

click link and scroll down a few pictures.
Off-Road Racing Classifieds | RDC | Stewarts Raceworks – 4 Seat Truggy

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Wow that's badass! how do we get Rigid to start producing those?

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy crap. I need to get working on my idea to help everyone out with this dilemma. If the damn thing to begin with wasn't so expensive, I'd have my first one made up. I'm going to get on the phone today when everyone wakes up.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a thread in the early spring about making my own lights to go in the grille that will be curved slightly to follow the contour of it with the lights spaced in the big gaps above and below the 'FORD' in the grille.

You can buy the drivers, reflectors/lenses, extruded finned aluminum heatsink and 10W LEDs(48 of them in my case) for about $500.

The drivers I have can run 4s3p of 10W LEDs each and are about the size of a poker chip. The LEDs are all on individual boards that are only 16mm in diameter.

The project just fell to the wayside with the other stuff I had going on this summer.

I recently just ordered different reflectors than the ones I had(originally I chose horribly inefficient ones) and plan on having it all wired up this week assuming parts come. Once the electrical part is all done I'll get the aluminum heatsink and have the housings made then.