Where To Start When Shopping For Lights/Bull Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a stock '11 Molten Orange and want to add a bull bar to mount the circular style lights on to personalize the front end a bit. The lights are mainly for cosmetic purposes but having them be useful in actual fog or at night would be nice too. I don't do any off-roading (I know, I know).

This is my first truck and I'm not sure where to start - I've always owned cars so this is new territory for me. What bull bar brands should I be looking at and/or what light brands? Anything brands I should stay away from? Trying to find the most cost-effective options that aren't me throwing money at things that aren't needed with my use case but also not underspend and have a product that has issues in the short-term.

I've searched and searched and not finding a lot of bull bar options out there and not sure where to even begin with lights.

I'll also likely add the lights on the front bumper corners at some point too in case that's helpful here.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Baja designs and diode dynamics

for fogs that actually work that dont break the bank.

I have baja designs squadron sae in amber, which are amazing. @$350 i know theyre not the cheapest but if you are actually going to use them for fog etc it’s worth the extra over some cheapos that just do nothing but blind people. Also use bd lights with driving combos right next to them.

Diode dynamics also has great lighting i have these at the ditch light (deer lights here lol) and reverse locations.

For the one “show” ones you can go on Amazon and check out auxbeam they’re decent and not expensive.

09E75280-15A7-4253-8912-2CED1F70C5D2.jpeg

Wildcat1865

Reaction score
I have had good experiences so far with SPV Specialty Performance. There are a lot of light options from multiple brands (Rigid, Baja, Diode, etc).

I haven’t looked into bumpers or bull bars as much but I’ve always liked the offerings from ADD, at least ascetically.

1697290450229.jpeg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
First off, that bumper is horrible @Wildcat1865

I would stay away from any "bull bar" that hangs below the bumper. Even if you do not off road. Keep the ground clearance you have. If you want to add "big lights for show" than run something like the Nfab light bar.

If you want to add functional lights, go with what @Irregular F150 suggested. I personally like Baja Design.

Wildcat1865

Reaction score
First off, that bumper is horrible @Wildcat1865

I would stay away from any "bull bar" that hangs below the bumper. Even if you do not off road. Keep the ground clearance you have. If you want to add "big lights for show" than run something like the Nfab light bar.

If you want to add functional lights, go with what @Irregular F150 suggested. I personally like Baja Design.
Ha, I suppose I did toss a link to the bulkiest in your face example. I think they have more minimalist options as well. Just picked the first thing I saw with a bar. I prefer OEM bumpers on these trucks myself. For my trips to the office parking garage and hardware store I dont require extra armor, a winch, or more clearance but everyone’s mileage varies.

Best of luck to OP finding what serves them best.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Ha, I suppose I did toss a link to the bulkiest in your face example. I think they have more minimalist options as well. Just picked the first thing I saw with a bar. I prefer OEM bumpers on these trucks myself. For my trips to the office parking garage and hardware store I dont require extra armor, a winch, or more clearance but everyone’s mileage varies.

Best of luck to OP finding what serves them best.

To be fair, you probably want that bumper if you are commuting to work. Might need the extra protection from those protesting you having a job.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a stock '11 Molten Orange and want to add a bull bar to mount the circular style lights on to personalize the front end a bit. The lights are mainly for cosmetic purposes but having them be useful in actual fog or at night would be nice too. I don't do any off-roading (I know, I know).

This is my first truck and I'm not sure where to start - I've always owned cars so this is new territory for me. What bull bar brands should I be looking at and/or what light brands? Anything brands I should stay away from? Trying to find the most cost-effective options that aren't me throwing money at things that aren't needed with my use case but also not underspend and have a product that has issues in the short-term.

I've searched and searched and not finding a lot of bull bar options out there and not sure where to even begin with lights.

I'll also likely add the lights on the front bumper corners at some point too in case that's helpful here.
Hey,

I would recommend going with a pair of Squadron-R SAE LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair.
1697491697207.png
Specs: 2.1 Amps, 29 Watts, 2,420 Lumens.

Our SAE model is completely road-compliant and road-legal. The amber color would work best in any inclement weather.

Even though you mentioned you don't plan to do any off-roading our
Squadron-R Sport Black LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair is a great candidate if you decide you want to take off-roading to the next level.
1697491950111.png
Specs: 2 Amps, 26 Watts, 3,150 Lumens

Our Squadron Sport Series is not a Road Legal Light, but many people run these as a fog light. I recommend being aware of your surroundings and being always courteous to other drivers. Once again, this light is not road-legal.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Best,

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja designs and diode dynamics

for fogs that actually work that dont break the bank.

I have baja designs squadron sae in amber, which are amazing. @$350 i know theyre not the cheapest but if you are actually going to use them for fog etc it’s worth the extra over some cheapos that just do nothing but blind people. Also use bd lights with driving combos right next to them.

Diode dynamics also has great lighting i have these at the ditch light (deer lights here lol) and reverse locations.

For the one “show” ones you can go on Amazon and check out auxbeam they’re decent and not expensive.

View attachment 427624
super cool front plate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter